Antoine Griezmann

Birdy

Tak Lodi+Hermoso+cash for Griezman, and forget Saul

Last minute change to save the whole thing from being a robbery

Messigician

(🌕) Atletico players Lodi and Hermoso will NOT enter the Griezmann-Saul operation. @MatteMoretto #Transfers 👥

Obviously, only Saul on market because they signed De Paul

vuji_31

AT.M. always gets better deal then us LOL.
It is what it us, I think Laporta will get atleast 10-15mil.

Still, 4 to go.

Pjanic,Umtiti,Coutinho and Dembele.
Vamosss Laporta.

I will be happy if this four are all sold for 5mil

Last edited:

Porque

Could never see Atletico including Lodi. It would be different if they had initiated contact with us for Griezmann. But they lack depth at lb.

Hermoso though could be more attainable as he never really established himself yet.

Or their backup goalkeeper simply because Neto is also going to be wage dumped. Grbic is set to leave Atletico for more playing time and with Stegen injury he would start the season for us.

Last edited:

Messi983

I think a deal for Llorente is tough in general due to Real Madrid always adding certain clauses making their former players almost impossible to re-sell to another Spanish team. Typically something like 20-50% of the transfer fee if sold to another La Liga team.

They wouldnt mind waiving it if a player is sold to Villarreal or something, but never for us lol.

They would never sell Llorente anyway.

Messi983

Digne is a good player, just never had a real chance here with Alba. Lodi could compete immediately with Alba and maybe even push him out of the club a year or two earlier.

But we won't get him so this debate is pointless anyway.

jamrock

While I'm no griezmann fan, going into the season with only.

Messi
Kun
Depay
Fati

Upfront doesn't fill me with joy either, we need more bodies, especially one that can prevent us from playing kun-messi upfront, because that's just bad.

Last edited:

Messi983

Messi
Kun
Depay
Fati

Upfront doesn't feel me with joy either, we need more bodies, especially one that can prevent us from playing kun-messi upfront, because that's just bad.

Exactly.

- Messi is still Messi but at 34 he shouldn't play every game anymore.
- Kun hasn't played much last season, we don't know in what state he's in.
- Memphis should be well physically and should also adadpt relatively fast to Koeman's system he knows.
- Fati shouldn't be rushed after a longterm injury. Hopefully he'll fully recover but there is no guarantee for that.
- Dembele - out until October/November and can't really be counted on even when healthy.

And behind them we have likes of Collado who is more a midfielder converted to a RW than a forward and Braithwaite who we also want to sell.

No proven striker/winger in Barca B either who could step up if needed. Maybe new signings like Yusuf Demir and Jordi Escobar will surprise but still going into the season with so little depth is worrying.

I've seen some rumours about Insigne but probably just BS. I like him but Napoli won't let him go for cheap even if his contract is expiring next year (and we can't pay much). And well, he's also 30.

mc_lovin

Problem is keeping Griezmann for depth is somewhat insane (assuming we can sign Messi with him staying). And it's hard to argue that he would be a starter if everyone is fit.

At least Koeman is familiar with no depth and no options.

MTL_Barca

Messi
Kun
Depay
Fati

Upfront doesn't feel me with joy either, we need more bodies, especially one that can prevent us from playing kun-messi upfront, because that's just bad.

Don't worry we still have the secret weapons

:dembele: :coutinho:

Messi983

Problem is keeping Griezmann for depth is somewhat insane (assuming we can sign Messi with him staying). And it's hard to argue that he would be a starter if everyone is fit.

At least Koeman is familiar with no depth and no options.

Wouldn't keep him for depth, he'd be a starter for me ahead of Kun. At least at the start of the season and until we know how Fati will recover.

There are enough games for everyone so there should be rotations and we shouldn't really have fixed starters. Obviously Messi would play the most but I'd rotate Griezmann, Fati (if/when he recovers) and Memphis alongside him with Kun being the most clear backup amongst them. Unless he'd prove he can stay fit and start to score like he did in his best years.

Porque

Messi
Kun
Depay
Fati

Good point.

We will need a little luck from the B team for depth. Like Pedro coming to through when Pep came.

Collado is our best hope.

Bobo32

Good point.

We will need a little luck from the B team for depth. Like Pedro coming to through when Pep came.

Collado is our best hope.

Collado, Coutinho, Braithwaite makes them seven, and then Dembele will arrive as well.

I was negative towards bringing Depay, Coutinho, and Dembele, but since they are there they should all get some games once in a while.
Since Messi plays all the time you still have six fit players in the squad for two positions after Greasy goes, IF they are to play with three at the front. Depth isn't the problem.

Home of Barca Fans