Antoine Griezmann

serghei

I think you are right. Give us proper winger.. That's what we need. Enough of Griezmann/Messi type.

Sure, that's true. A proper winger and a proper 9 are the easiest to work with for most managers. The problem is it's very hard to find "pure" fits that are world-class, reasonably young, and don't cost an arm and a leg. So you have to make some compromises.

khaled_a_d

It depends on the manager to a great extent. There's the classic way, and there's the customized way. Some managers are like buying clothes from the supermarket, and some are like designers who make custom clothes, made to measure.

I guarantee you that if you give Felix to the best 3-4 managers in the world, they'll find just the right spot for him.

Here is the thing, I don't want a player who needs a top 5 coaches to be in right spot.
I want someone who will work well under the Lucho, EV of the world. Preferably even the Koeman of the coaches

serghei

Here is the thing, I don't want a player who needs a top 5 coaches to be in right spot.
I want someone who will work well under the Lucho, EV of the world. Preferably even the Koeman of the coaches

Yea, I'm for both and think we should go down the road that is best suited for current club capabilities. Right now, I think our best bet is to either sign a world-class manager, or discover the next one. That's why I'm hoping for Xavi to be great.

If we could sign at least one of Haaland or Mbappe + a top CB, I'm sure Koeman would be good enough to challenge for CL. But we can't.

Bartomeu and his crooks put us into this situation.

Last edited:

Laplacian

It's not like Bruno Lage was top tier coach for Felix anyways. Felix is more of the needs the ball at his feet, run at players with speed and dribbling, and shooting. Simeone treated him as a Griezmann type player.

A Havertz/Felix profile isn't as much of a trouble as Griezmann/Messi are.

Porque

Can Felix play as AML in a 433? Can Felix play as AML in a 4231?

Those are his two realistic position for the start of next season, where I expect us to initiate with one of those two.

Griezmann struggles in both.

vuji_31

Dani Olmo is better player then this Portuguese fraud.

We need to move from this slow players, that can play just when 10 other players is doing everything for them.

Look Chelsea attack.
Havertz,Pulusic,Werner,Mount are all faster, stronger players that can play in various tactics.
They can score,dribble, create and do defense.

Depay,Trincao,Grizzy are same case as Eric Garcia. Good atone thing and bad at ten other.

Every system is good as it weakest part. That's all.

Laplacian

Dani Olmo is better player then this Portuguese fraud.

We need to move from this slow players, that can play just when 10 other players is doing everything for them.

Look Chelsea attack.
Havertz,Pulusic,Werner,Mount are all faster, stronger players that can play in various tactics.
They can score,dribble, create and do defense.

Depay,Trincao,Grizzy are same case as Eric Garcia. Good atone thing and bad at ten other.

Every system is good as it weakest part. That's all.

1. The "fraud" is really annoying. It's also stupid.

2. Felix isn't slow. What distinguishes him from Griezmann is his athleticism, acceleration, and dribbling ability.

3. Havertz isn't versatile just because he's strong/athletic/quick. He only works as a second striker/false 9.

vuji_31

In what world Felix is fast? In best case, if we are going to use FIFA example , something like 80/99. Something like Trincao.

I don't like Havertz at all, but he was playing more on the right side then false nine.

Also he was playing with RM, getting nutmegs, chips.

Didn't see it from Felix or Griyyboy.

Bobo32

Can Felix play as AML in a 433? Can Felix play as AML in a 4231?

Those are his two realistic position for the start of next season, where I expect us to initiate with one of those two.

Griezmann struggles in both.

I don't know but from seeing compilations from his Portugal days I always envisioned him in that position, recieving the through balls from Messi, creating something from dribbles, surprisingly score with his head sometimes, combining well and so on.
I didn't follow him closely in Atletico, but surely it's a big difference to play there compared to Barcelona, so to judge you would need some imagination...

kattanib

Apparently we have put him on the Market due to financial Problems

I truly hope this is true and nothing less than 70M. If Messi renews and we sell him as well this summer, then we have a good 150M to spend two effective attackers .. and then we will need also to buy with whatever remaining money we have/generate a CDM, CB, LB and RB

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans