Antoine Griezmann

BarçaBarça

Where is he going to fit?

Malcolm, Dembele, Griezmann and Messi all love that right wing position?

We have a chump of a coach in Shitverde who has been unable to incorporate any signings into the team.

Anyway not a fan, I'm sure this will be another waste of money.

160 million Coutinho
105 million Dembele
120 million Griezmann

Even in Perez heyday he dint come close to this

So not 1 new player has been good under Valverde?

And the comparison to Florentino is not fair since the market is inflated now. If PSG would sell, Real would buy Mbappe for twice the world record, you know that. Coutinho is a very significant flop, though, lets hope we get some money back..

Potroh

You think so? In any formation player-combo?
Imagine we re not stuck with Valverde, how would you play him?

I cannot imagine him playing along with Suarez.
Without Suarez, yes there is chance he would be a good asset.
But then comes Valverde, so the entire question starts questioning itself...

(On a side-note though, I can imagine that he was actually bought and thought of being a kind of replacement for Messi...)

snowy

Even peaceful protest Valv in search of Nothingness would turn into a God of War with this Fantastic Front 4 slaying on the battlefield

BF4.jpg Valhalla Rising :dembele:

Last edited:

Judoman

I cannot imagine him playing along with Suarez.
Without Suarez, yes there is chance he would be a good asset.

As a CF? He usually plays as a sec. striker with an anker upfront..

What makes you think he can t play along with Suarez, for example in 4-2-3-1 with him playing on LF/LW?

I d like to have some hope for the next season :p

Leo_Messi

Griezmann is without a doubt a world class player. No sane person can deny that. An elite player in fact and in my top 5 of best offensive players out there currently.

In isolation his purchase is great as well. The club bought a proven goalscorer, playmaker (in terms of assists and linkup play which is one of the very best out there), a very versatile and hard-working player. In his prime with at least 3 very good seasons left in him if not more. The transfer fee is not too outrageous either for a player of Griezmann's quality and given the current state of the transfer market.

The problem will be how to fit him into the team, if Suárez as expected won't warm the bench most of the time, which is extremely likely to occur with Valverde around.

The good thing however is that Griezmann could be used in various tactical setups. As a left "winger" in a 4-3-3, as a false number 9, as a secondary striker in a 4-4-2 and theoretically as a right "winger" in a 4-3-3 as well.

If he ends up benching Suárez (hopefully) he will surprise many people with his great aerial ability (I would claim that he is superior to Suárez on this front), his link-up play (vastly superior to that of Suárez) and his presence in the box. Can't see any reason why Griezmann could not score 30+ goals next season if securing a starting spot which I cannot imagine that he will not do.

If Neymar ends up arriving, as I expect (not something that I hope for at all), that frontline should be made up of Neymar, Griezmann and Messi. Anything else would make no sense.

Potroh

As a CF? He usually plays as a sec. striker with an anker upfront..

Indeed. But can you imagine EV playing with four strikers???

What makes you think he can t play along with Suarez, for example in 4-2-3-1 with him playing on LF/LW?

Because EV would never play with mere two "real" midfielders.
He is a "safety coach", so any combination would be a quite feasible experiment with four actual attackers, but you definitely need another coach for that.
Otherwise I can easily imagine Griezmann playing WITH Suarez, but in that case WITHOUT Messi.

The one thing I simply cannot imagine working is Griezmann playing on the left as a kind of winger.

Potroh

If Neymar ends up arriving, as I expect (not something that I hope for at all), that frontline should be made up of Neymar, Griezmann and Messi. Anything else would make no sense.

Absolutely true.
Specially that any other formation makes no sense. Quite a few possible combinations may work, but only (and sadly) without Suarez.

EdmondDantes

Suarez was also a very versatile player in his prime. He was everywhere when he played for LFC. He just became lazy, fat and older.

Luis was a relentless pressing machine but with age, his stamina took a steep decline. Now he and Messi just walk about the pitch in most games.

I hope Griezmann doesn't age the same, since he's now contracted with us until the age of 34.

-

Edit:

[youtube]O3_p-CM8dDA[/youtube]

Mister Seitan likes the idea of Antoine as a wide forward here, not as a winger, but also as a number 9 as well. He says he'll associate and combine well with the midfield and the forward line as well as Alba at left back. Fitting well in a 4-3-2-1.

*Video in Spanish.

Last edited:

Judoman

Indeed. But can you imagine EV playing with four strikers???

Because EV would never play with mere two "real" midfielders.
He is a "safety coach", so any combination would be a quite feasible experiment with four actual attackers, but you definitely need another coach for that.
Otherwise I can easily imagine Griezmann playing WITH Suarez, but in that case WITHOUT Messi.

The one thing I simply cannot imagine working is Griezmann playing on the left as a kind of winger.

I get that, that s why i said "imagine we re not stuck with Valverde".

So ideally Griezmann and Suarez shouldn t be on the pitch at the same time, since Messi is a constant.

jairzinho

I get that, that s why i said "imagine we re not stuck with Valverde".

So ideally Griezmann and Suarez shouldn t be on the pitch at the same time, since Messi is a constant.

I wouldn't rule out Valverde starting Greizmann, Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets and Bob together.

Home of Barca Fans