Antoine Griezmann

Nothanks

many rumors saying he might stay with atletico after a huge pay raise, hope this gets resolved before the transfer season and we don't spend all our focus on him to only miss out

FCBfan22

[tw]991484236438777856[/tw]

It's done, apparently.

Now, Barto, get some money out of your arse and sign Eriksen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's coming from Quique Guasch who kind of doesn't filter his information and gets excited at everything so I don't know.....

I have a strange feeling he'll end up staying at Atleti.....

Givenchy

i think its already done. the United rumours totally dried up and im sure they would be in for him if hes available. I'm excited to see him linking up with Messi but if this means Dembele goes on loan/leaves my blood will boil

Maxim4

i think its already done. the United rumours totally dried up and im sure they would be in for him if hes available. I'm excited to see him linking up with Messi but if this means Dembele goes on loan/leaves my blood will boil
yes unfortunately Dembélé can be it will be loaned for 1 year! We will see .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
For those doubting him, think about how much Firmino helps to unlock Salah and get him chances to run at the defense quickly. Griezmann isn't quite as industrious as Firmino but he does have a very high workrate and is good at dropping back to combine and hold up play. I'd say Firmino is more creative as well but Griezmann will be playing off a better passer/creator in Messi. I think Griez is a better scorer than Firmino as well. Would fit nicely.

The Suarez-Messi tandem has been a weak point for a while, despite this recent game. Griezmann will be much better at consistently giving Messi a forward outlet.

I think Klopp has indirectly shed some light on how to get a 'Messi' type player in the best system seeing how he's unleashed Salah. It's crucial to have a very well rounded forward and emphasize as many quick transition attacks as possible. They have a very quick/versatile winger in Mane that helps pick up the pace of the game, just like Dembele does pretty much every time we play him. If Coutinho can fit to a midfield role that'll help, and we also need a more offensively capable CM than Rakitic.

It has always been clear how to build this team around Messi. Yet even with the 'perfect pieces' we'll have, EV will likely find a way to fuck it up with the damn 4-4-2.

Morten

So, when is Barca going to stop spending all their money on attackers, and go for midfielders instead? You know, the thing i hear you complaining the most about.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
So, when is Barca going to stop spending all their money on attackers, and go for midfielders instead? You know, the thing i hear you complaining the most about.

I believe that if we were playing the right formation we'd only need 1 more midfielder for the 'ideal' midfield. Hell, if the offense everywhere else is perfect (Griez/Dembele/Messi/Coutinho/Busi) then we'd be fine with Rakitic for the most part even. We did win a CL with Rakitic after all, playing the right football and he wasn't the biggest creative spark back then either.

The system itself is as important as the players.

MTL_Barca

Messi isn't playing like Salah tho anymore, if anything Messi is our false 9 in this comparison and Griezmann is Salah. Messi plays in the same area anyway no matter where you start him on paper and thats mostly somewhere around CM-AM-9 area these days. But it doesn't work out to compare them ofc because Firminho plays the role different than Messi and Liverpool in general plays completely different football.

We need to strengthen the midfield to free him up there so he can play closer to the box if he wants and can just drop back to midfield from time to time and not do the midfielders job in creating too. That was the best part about Messi-Xavi-Iniesta, the midfield already was phenomenal but then Messi dropped back to link up with them and it became unstoppable at times, the past years Messi isn't the cherry on the cake here but HAS to do it because nobody behind him can do it.

That being said i think Griezmann would be perfect to supplement that role for Messi, he is fast, has good movement, can play on the wings as well as central, has a good workrate and good link up play. Seems perfect for a role similar to what Henry/Villa played some years ago. Hope he will join and we will see that at least sometimes next season, with Dembele on RW and Cou at left AM.

100M is a good price considering how much money we waste on average 35-40M players all the time, i mean in the end Griezmann wont cost more than Paco, Vidal and Gomes that's just crazy lol. 100M is still very expensive but at least we get real quality here for once compared to the 200M we burned for the 3 i mentioned + Paulinho, Arda, Digne, Denis, Deulofeu. Griezmann alone will probably have more impact in one season than all these players combined in their whole Barca career. I take one world class player and 2 la masia talents over 3 average la liga signings everyday and financially it's the same thing.
Perfect scenario is we can get most of the money right back by selling at least 4-5 of Vidal, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Paco, Deulofeu, Digne but i'd rather not be too optimistic here considering how poor we are at selling players.

Last edited:

snowy

I believe that if we were playing the right formation we'd only need 1 more midfielder for the 'ideal' midfield. Hell, if the offense everywhere else is perfect (Griez/Dembele/Messi/Coutinho/Busi) then we'd be fine with Rakitic for the most part even. We did win a CL with Rakitic after all, playing the right football and he wasn't the biggest creative spark back then either.

The system itself is as important as the players.

That's right. It's like Dom says: Doesn't matter what's under the hood, the only thing that matters is who's behind the wheel...

y9z9lu57

Home of Barca Fans