Antoine Griezmann

BarçaBarça

Only other striker I would want instead of him is Kane - but the price makes Griezmann the better choice.

IMO we can't wait for younger strikers contracts to run out and for them to get more expirence (until 2020 when Timo Werners contract expires or 2021 when Gabriel Jesus' does.)
Obviously Mbappe would be the best choice, but he apparently likes to swim in money and french trophies, so never mind him until 2022.
All those players could also renew, so we need to act sooner.

Morten

Only other striker I would want instead of him is Kane - but the price makes Griezmann the better choice.

IMO we can't wait for younger strikers contracts to run out and for them to get more expirence (until 2020 when Timo Werners contract expires or 2021 when Gabriel Jesus' does.)
Obviously Mbappe would be the best choice, but he apparently likes to swim in money and french trophies, so never mind him until 2022.
All those players could also renew, so we need to act sooner.

But he would claim all of Messis goals. are you okay with that?

Sorin

Setting aside the fact that we won't sign Kane, Messi is gonna get his regardless, plus he's so much more than goals that it won't matter. Suarez was even more of a beast than Kane when he came to Barcelona. Did the goals dry up for Messi?

Sorin

Meaning that they'll occupy totally different spaces as Messi likes to drop deeper. If Messi got his with Suarez and Neymar, then he'll be able to get his with Kane. I mean is this really debatable? Not really same kind of players but each one liked to get their goals.

Edit: Not like Suarez served Messi goals on a plate on a regular basis. 10 a year max. And like I said, only stat obsessed morons will even judge Messi on goals scored.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

But he would claim all of Messis goals. are you okay with that?

:rofl1: You are right that could be a problem :lol:

Seriously, I think he only does that in order to prove himself good enough for the likes of Barca and Real, don't you think?
But maybe he would be a bad fit with Cristiano as long as he still plays for you? :thinking:
I really fear the day he turns up in that Madrid shirt, you have saved a lot of money the last few seasons, so you should be able to splash even the ridiculous amounts necessary to get him..

Joan

Setting aside the fact that we won't sign Kane, Messi is gonna get his regardless, plus he's so much more than goals that it won't matter. Suarez was even more of a beast than Kane when he came to Barcelona. Did the goals dry up for Messi?

He's joking about Kane claiming that Eriksen goal. :)

clemente

suarez is less of a poacher than kane though, not really comparable.

Not sure what you're trying to say but Kanes buildup play is miles ahead of Suarez, he looks clumsy if you don't watch him play but his passing and just football IQ is amazing.

Barca83

Banned
Not sure what you're trying to say but Kanes buildup play is miles ahead of Suarez, he looks clumsy if you don't watch him play but his passing and just football IQ is amazing.

Kane is a donkey; the only world class striker in the world imo is Ronaldo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So a guy that scores so many goals for consecutive seasons is a donkey now. :facepalm: Fits right in with other words of wisdom of yours.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Kane is consistent enough to call world class. But impossible to get him so we should not try. Would cost a fortune. Griezman seems most likely right now. 100M is not that bad for him. But I would rather us go for Eriksen and play Coutinho on wing.

Home of Barca Fans