Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Bobo32

Showed Ferran in 3 minutes how the actually finish a chance.

He missed 2 sitters too, so he was almost on Ferran numbers there.
But he is a nice player, he both arrives at chances and has a feel for the finish. Another nice thing is he is so unworried on the pitch. I think Sid Lowe pointed it out, he just has an air around him that everything is possible, and he demands the ball wherever he is, never afraid to get it.

Last time he got back, he also scored immediately and looked good for a couple of games. I said back then that he'd probably soon look a bit worse and I was right then, he struggled before he got injured again. I hope this time they take it very cool, and that he can arrive next season without that dip in form.

Joan

He was productive before he got injured. Scored in his three last matches before he suffered an injury against Bilbao.

I'd say that's rather good. One can't expect that kind of consistency from a 19 year old who is almost always injured. If anything, it's amazing how good he comes back after injuries.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
he just has an air around him that everything is possible, and he demands the ball wherever he is, never afraid to get it.

This is honestly a great way to describe him , just a shame that these long injuries have been interrupting his progress.

ajnotkeith

He missed 2 sitters too, so he was almost on Ferran numbers there.
But he is a nice player, he both arrives at chances and has a feel for the finish. Another nice thing is he is so unworried on the pitch. I think Sid Lowe pointed it out, he just has an air around him that everything is possible, and he demands the ball wherever he is, never afraid to get it.

Last time he got back, he also scored immediately and looked good for a couple of games. I said back then that he'd probably soon look a bit worse and I was right then, he struggled before he got injured again. I hope this time they take it very cool, and that he can arrive next season without that dip in form.

Should easily bench Ferran when fit.

He has more non penalty goals this season than him despite having played only 400 mins. That's a real goalscorer.

Bobo32

Should easily bench Ferran when fit.

He has more non penalty goals this season than him despite having played only 400 mins. That's a real goalscorer.

Fati is clearly the best attacker in the squad. I think they can complement each other though, and let's see who arrives too.
I hope with time Xavi will turn to more rotations and less of players benching each others, different opponents need different setups.

Iniesta Ultra

Fati is clearly the best attacker in the squad. I think they can complement each other though, and let's see who arrives too.
I hope with time Xavi will turn to more rotations and less of players benching each others, different opponents need different setups.

You really think Torres makes a better CF than Auba? Auba made an excellent reverse lob pass to Torres who shot it directly at the keeper again.

What I love about Fati is that he's not flashy at all like an Mbappe or Neymar. He plays 'simple' extremely intelligent game that to me encompasses DNA. The composure to pass the goal into the net with three defenders around him is just beautiful, he's made red carpet pass goals in the past too.

Bobo32

You really think Torres makes a better CF than Auba? Auba made an excellent reverse lob pass to Torres who shot it directly at the keeper again.

What I love about Fati is that he's not flashy at all like an Mbappe or Neymar. He plays 'simple' extremely intelligent game that to me encompasses DNA. The composure to pass the goal into the net with three defenders around him is just beautiful, he's made red carpet pass goals in the past too.

I think they are different type of players. I think Torres is better at LW, just as Fati. I can see the three of them rotating on these two positions until Aubameyang leaves (should be this summer or next). The dream is getting Bernardo Silva for RW.

Yeah, Fati understands intuitively how to finish, he has got that feeling for which leg the keeper stands on, and knows the timing to release the shot, on the off-beat.

Iniesta Ultra

0:16 - nice one two flow with Puig
1:33 - Fati sees Gavi make a run so backheels to him but Gavi balked on the run and doesn't connect
1:40 - nice one two with Puig back to goal Fati with Torres like shot to keeper
2:04 - one two attempt in box but defender closed down Puig's return pass

Bobo32

0:16 - nice one two flow with Puig
1:33 - Fati sees Gavi make a run so backheels to him but Gavi balked on the run and doesn't connect
1:40 - nice one two with Puig back to goal Fati with Torres like shot to keeper
2:04 - one two attempt in box but defender closed down Puig's return pass

Yeah I agree on these timestamps. I liked his pass at 0:31 to Puig too, he drew in the defenders and released it nicely to Puig there, who could then play a simple pass backwards to start the attack from there.
On 1:40 he could have played it back to Puig, but Fati is a goal scorer and was maybe correct to shoot.

Overall, after watching the game and then the vid, I must say there is some connection between the two, as you predicted in another post!

Home of Barca Fans