Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

malvolio

We for sure don't need to compare him to Messi. He will never reach that level and no one sane should expect him to do that. I would be ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED if he manages to reach the level of Samuel Eto'o for example. I am sure this is the level he can reach but he needs to stay humble and he needs to continue to work hard.

don't think anyone compares him with messi. but club has been pushing this agenda of fati being his heir.

vegitot

You are right to some extrent:
1) choir boy
2) healthy amount of courage, arrogance, cockiness, fighting spirit
3) too much of cockiness which leads to turning into:
1) either all time greats like Zlatan and CR7 who are insanely mentally strong
2) or 95% of other guys who buy their own hype and overrate their abilities and performances like Neymar, Halilovic, or from our team: Riki, Mats, Griezmann with his BallonD Or ideas, Ilaix etc

Xavi was on 90% of prime Xavi even in 2004 and 2005.
You guys are making too much fuss out of 2008' incident when he considered leaving.

Even Messi almost ended at Espanyol aged 16, 17 iirc.
Does that mean that he was not good enough?

Btw, people will say that I am just a contrarian, but since the forum is mostly flooded with praises, it is more fun to add some negativity and flaws to return back to Earth from this dreamland.

Regarding young players, in this moment:
I like:
Mingueza: good personality, a healthy amount of a fighting spirit. He lacks in skills, but he is a nice squad player
Gavi looks promising till now. Okish skills, combative

Where I am not as impressed as majority of our fans:
Frenkie: probably slightly better version of Arthur in the end (Arthur with pace and stamina), due to not fitting to any midfield position and being horrible in possession and attack, and questionable at defending.
Pedri: master of hide and seek for now. He might work though, if we surround him with 1-2 guys in midfield who will be leaders and have bigger balls than him.
Araujo: a huge guy who is quite scared and injury prone behind the surface, it seems.
Fati: the sample is way too small. I still can't point a finger on whether:
1) he is a genius who has a bad touch/stupid decisions here and there
2) or he is a better version of Dembele who will always have meh skills, bad decisions but who is scoring wondergoals out of nowhere which mask his actual abilities in other aspects of the game
Also, about his finishing, I am not sure:
1) whether he is a lethal killer with some horrible shots and touches
2) or he is extremely sloppy player like Dembele/Alexis who is just on a hot streak currently where every of his shots is going in like Alexis in his early years here or Dembele in those 3 Months where he was scoring on each game
About his attitude, I have wrote above, there are some worrisome elements of him buying his hype about no10, Messi's successor, being the next big thing, a club building a future around him, fans expecting him to be the future best player of a team.
Again, if he is not as mentally strong as Zlatan or Cr7, all ingredients are here for him to make a wrong turn mentality wise.

Being the next Messi already killed way too many talents.
Let's see whether that curse/pressure/hype will kill again this time, as always till now.

You are really insane if you think Frankie is just an upgrade version of Arthur :lol:

Also master of hide and seek Pedri with highest number of passes into final third (45% of his total passes are final third btw) :lol:

Fati makes a bad move. He will learn from it. If he continues like that, then you can talk about his attitude but not now.

Raketa10

don't think anyone compares him with messi. but club has been pushing this agenda of fati being his heir.

The club isn't doing him any favor by promoting him in that way. No one should be compared to Messi. Same goes for Pedri and Gavi. By comparing them with Xavi or Iniesta people are just putting some unnecessary burden on their backs. We should just let them play their own game and forget about the past. In the end of the day every player and every person is different and so is the time they are playing in.

I would also like to add something. If he makes stupid decisions he should be criticized. Only in that way he will learn. That decision yesterday was unbelievable selfish and if he learns from that no harm has been done. However, I don't think that stupidity should go under the radar just because he is 18y old. If we don't criticize selfishness at the age of 18 we will create an egomaniac no one will be able to control in a year or two. He needs to understand he accomplished NOTHING so far so he needs to pass the ball to someone who is in better position to score the goal. Simple as that.

Last edited:

malvolio

The club isn't doing him any favor by promoting him in that way. No one should be compared to Messi. Same goes for Pedri and Gavi. By comparing them with Xavi or Iniesta people are just putting some unnecessary burden on their backs. We should just let them play their own game and forget about the past. In the end of the day every player and every person is different and so is the time they are playing in.

well, we are in the social media era and hype rules everything.

clubs is driven by politics and politicians. so they had to come up with a good story and some hope, when club is at its lowest point in the last 20-30 years.

FinBarcelonafan

It is not easy to make it in BBZ rating system

BBZmetrics
---------------------------------

Too Choir Boy

Rakitic Perfect Mix of Calm, Confidence, Croatian and Comb-over

Too Arrogant

Top post haha

jamrock

Wasn't Coutinho also out for 8-9 Months (a similar amount of time) and when he scored his first goal, he didn't make a 2-hour-movie out of it?

So:
1. why does Anse need a 60+ seconds celebration and running to stands
2. while Coutinho has a jump and 10 seconds celebration?

Or is: Ansu's return and a goal way more important than Cou's?
Of coruse that it is, this is how a hype machine works.
And this is why he is buying it.

Yea for the club Andy's goal is way more important, Coutinho is a 200m euros waste of peace, ansu is potentially the future face of the club.

BBZ8800

Anyway, one thing to consider, check out all of his goals.
I remember since his first goal when he scored (Levante), he scored a goal and after that more or less gave away the ball 10 times in row in a horrible fashion.
Ok, he was young.
But his game was horrible outside of that goal.
On other matches, he scored, but was usually meh outside of goals.
And on some matches, he didn't score and was a turnover machine in general.

Then he got injured, we lost Messi, and as always, we needed hope/a light for the future, and when a player is not playing, we forget his flaws and remember only good things.

Regarding his goals, I have wrote a few times, I still can't decide whether he is a sloppy/meh player who is currently just on a hot-lucky-streak where all of his shots are going in in a lucky fashion.
Or is he a genius who sees holes and spaces where we, other mortals don't see them.

Now, check his goals for Barca, and almost half of the goals are somewhat lucky goals that usually get blocked or saved because on majority of times he nutmegged a GK (I am not sure whether that was a fluke or his intention), or the ball goes through legs of defenders and a Gk doesn't see it.
Here are all the goals:

1. Levante: header, fair play goal
2. Valencia: a good goal, fair play
3. Inter: a nice goal, but my feeling since that night was that: he just closed his eyes, shot and what happens = happens. Not that it is a too bad thing, though.
4. Levante: this one bothers me. Majority of attackers would place this shot into a far bottom corner, but Fati likes to shoot into a near corner, it seems.
Also, the GK almost saved it, we could say that it was Gk's mistake to some extent.
5. Levante: the same thing again. I have a feeling that he just closed his eyes, didn't try to find "a logical area to shoot" and what happens = happens.
He again picked the near post, he again shot straight into a keeper, who again had a horrible reaction, although we could say that Fati surprised him.
Or.. it was just another fluke?
6. Leganes: a nice goal towards the far post, but... it again seems as if he just closed his eyes, made a shot and what happens = happens.
This time ball went through the legs of a defender (I doubt that it was Fati's plan).
This shot would have ended straight into defender's legs in probably 80% of attempts.
7. Villareal: again questionable quality. A shot was weak and sloppy, again towards the near post. And AGAIN the ball went through the legs of the defender.
Again, maybe Fati is the biggest genius in the world and he will score 100 goals through defenders legs and he can predict the hole between defender's legs, or majority of his shots are a huge fluke goals.
8. Alaves: in general, a nice goal, a nice shot. But it again seems as: I'll shot = and what happens = happens. The ball also again went towards the near post 20cm away from a keeper.
9. Villareal: a very good shot, but again towards the near post.
Maybe that's his thing and his magic, we'll see on a larger sample in the future.
10. Villareal: towards the near post again. The ball again went a few inches from a GK.
We'll see in the future whether he is a near-post genius or a guy who makes shitty-illogical shots.
11. Celta: world class goal with the outside of a foot.
But, again towards the near post.
12. Ferencvaros: seems like a somewhat missplaced shot, right?
13. a tap in: and finally towards a logical place = the far post where there is tons of room to place it.
14. a very good shot, but the ball went 10 cm from the defender's ass and legs and it went into the net almost centrally since the Gk didn't see it.

Now, what bothers me:
1. his overal play besides scoring is quite meh
2. he is not fast
3. his goals are somewhat questionable for now
Yet, too many people, social media and papers are acting as if he is the sure deal and a future leader of a club.

Maybe I am biased, but when I was a teen/kid, good strikers from 90s, early 00s, used to have "logical" shots.
Henry at Arsenal used to always score a curved shot into a far post.
Bergkamp did the same, usually aiming at the empty net at a far post.
Owen at Liverpool almost always used his trademark curved shot with scoring into a far-post netting.
Larsson at Celtic also used to aim at a far post.

On the other hand, Samuel Etoo for example, had a lot of wtf shots like a current Fati.
But he was banging tons of goals.

All in all, let's see what the future and a larger sample will tell us.
But I am still cautious about Fati's overal ability and even about his finishing skills because majority of his shots are weak shots, or goals at the near post or through goalkeeper's or defender's legs.

From now on:
1. let's follow his shooting a little bit closer
2. and his behavior/how the hype is affecting him

Last edited:

JamDav1982

First goal was not against Levante.

What a 'success' is for Fati will constantly be moving goal posts from BBZ. Same as ever.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

Nothing wrong with proclaming Ansu Fati the heir. Because he is, assuming we really are broke and can't sign anyone. (Doubt)
Having said that pressure does not phase great players.

The Late Great Kobe Bean Bryant was given the title of next MIcheal jordan when he was 17 and he rose to the ocassional.

And so will Ansu fati. He is that good.

Messigician

Nothing wrong with proclaming Ansu Fati the heir. Because he is, assuming we really are broke and can't sign anyone. (Doubt)
Having said that pressure does not phase great players.

The Late Great Kobe Bean Bryant was given the title of next MIcheal jordan when he was 17 and he rose to the ocassional.

And so will Ansu fati. He is that good.

Nowhere close to Jordan's level mate

Rory

Fati is regularly scoring in dysfunctional teams. Imagine he was breaking through Pep's city, Liverpool, Bayern etc. He'd already be a 20-30 goals a year forward.

Windhook

To some extent I agree with BBZ. The next Messi treatment we have on Ansu is at this point premature. I vaguely remember Messi's early years, but what hit me back then - how crazy he was about ball control against much more experienced defenders, also Iniesta, rarely lost the ball or gave it away. Our current youngsters don't have that and still try to prove point. That's partly due to the lack of leadership on the pitch. Koeman had to yell a couple of times at Ansu and Dest for doing stupid shit.

Such wonder talents happen once every 10-15 years. Pele in the 60's, Cruyff in the 70's, Maradona in the 80's, Ronaldo in the 90's and Messi peaking somewhere around 2010. The club should be proud to have featured four of these fantastic players. Frankly I don't see that greatness in Ansu, but have to acknowledge the kid for having the gift to score like a veteran striker.

soul24rage

To some extent I agree with BBZ. The next Messi treatment we have on Ansu is at this point premature. I vaguely remember Messi's early years, but what hit me back then - how crazy he was about ball control against much more experienced defenders, also Iniesta, rarely lost the ball or gave it away. Our current youngsters don't have that and still try to prove point. That's partly due to the lack of leadership on the pitch. Koeman had to yell a couple of times at Ansu and Dest for doing stupid shit.

Such wonder talents happen once every 10-15 years. Pele in the 60's, Cruyff in the 70's, Maradona in the 80's, Ronaldo in the 90's and Messi peaking somewhere around 2010. The club should be proud to have featured four of these fantastic players. Frankly I don't see that greatness in Ansu, but have to acknowledge the kid for having the gift to score like a veteran striker.

Ronaldinho in the 00's too

Home of Barca Fans