Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

Messi983

You guys are just unbelieavable. :lol:

Can someone explain me where you saw all this horrible attitude? Sure, he should have passed when in front of the goal but that's more down to a bad decision making (I think he's a pretty smart player in general but clearly is also very young so things like this will happen) than attitude imo. Earlier in that action he was closing down a goalie including a sliding tackle to win the ball. A player with bad attitude won't do that. He was fearless despite just coming back from a serious injury and was involved in game playing 1-2s with Memphis and Coutinho and also created a nice chance for the Brazilian. Not his fault we've played it cautious and probably trying not to waste too much energy before El Clasico though.

Also (risking his fan boys coming at me :lol:), if you want to see how poor attitude looks like go rewatch Messi just walking around in most of our away CL games over the last few years.

fergus90

I mean it was a bad decision yes when he should have laid it off, but it's hardly the most outrageous thing ever seen on a football pitch. Got to remember he's only 18 and human so bad decisions will be made from time to time as well as shaky performances.

Anyway, fantastic news on his renewal.

Nazario1985

Can someone explain me where you saw all this horrible attitude? Sure, he should have passed when in front of the goal but that's more down to a bad decision making (I think he's a pretty smart player in general but clearly is also very young so things like this will happen) than attitude imo. Earlier in that action he was closing down a goalie including a sliding tackle to win the ball. A player with bad attitude won't do that. He was fearless despite just coming back from a serious injury and was involved in game playing 1-2s with Memphis and Coutinho and also created a nice chance for the Brazilian. Not his fault we've played it cautious and probably trying not to waste too much energy before El Clasico though.

Also (risking his fan boys coming at me :lol:), if you want to see how poor attitude looks like go rewatch Messi just walking around in most of our away CL games over the last few years.

We are talking on how to build the next leader of the team, to compare him to Messi and his "walking" on CL is plain stupid.

Many many young talents were wasted because no build up was done for them.

First Ansu proved and achieved nothing for this club yet, he is still just a potential.

Two Messi style is as it is, was never the baller but one movement and match set and done, was always like that and it's never changed.

Fati is nothing like that, he is the active type of a player with a lot of waste to be excepted, he is a very remote and smaller version of Neymar (way less active and less skilled at same age).

BBZ8800

That action where we tried an overhead kick, he didn't even look at his teammates, we were 3 vs 2 against an empty net without a goalkeeper.
In that moment, it seems like: me, me, me.

Paired with this celebration after his first goal of a season:
His body language is slightly too cocky and he is making a 60-seconds drama, youtube video, going to stands, hugging everyone, wawing to everyone, as if he just won his 10th gold medal at summer Olympics or something.

Elements of buying his hype from social media and paperes are there.
Let's see how it will develop in the future.

delancey

Come on! His first goal after having been out during 10 months is what football is all about. It was a magnificent goal, and its significance warranted a World Cup celebration! Secondly, I?d rather watch a player who isn?t afraid to pull the trigger than one who doesn?t even dare to shoot. Thirdly, he?s already scored 2 goals after having been out for a very long period. The kid is still 18 years old, and already possesses great positional awareness and a killer shooting ability. He needs to improve aspects of his game, such as losing the ball or holding onto it for too long, but at least he tries, and isn?t afraid to do so. Practice makes perfect.

Last edited:

Messi983

We are talking on how to build the next leader of the team, to compare him to Messi and his "walking" on CL is plain stupid.

First Ansu proved and achieved nothing for this club yet, he is still just a potential.

Two Messi style is as it is, was never the baller but one movement and match set and done, was always like that and it's never changed.

Fati is nothing like that, he is the active type of a player with a lot of waste to be excepted, he is a very remote and smaller version of Neymar (way less active and less skilled at same age).

Why compare his style to Messi? Every player (regardless of how good he is) has his unique style. He don't need to play the same way as Messi (either a young or the "old" one) to bring a lot of positive things to the team.

Give him time and let him develop into the best Ansu he can become, not expect him to become the next Messi. If anyone expects that from him then you will be disappointed. Always. He could turn out the best player of his generation by far but probably still won't come anywhere near close to Messi's top level. This should never be expected of any player just because he got his shirt number.

It also won't be Ansu's fault if he won't become the next leader of this team when he'll actually grow up in a team with no (good) veteran leadership presence around him to learn from. Young Messi had Puyol, Xavi, Ronaldinho (probably not the best example due to his life style off the pitch but he did a lot for Messi in his early years taking him under his wings) as his captains and several other quality veterans to lean on. Ansu has Busi, Pique and Alba as his captains and is surrounded by a bunch of other kids the same age or just a few years older than him. A big difference in the setup. But Ansu can't choose who will play besides him. It's on the club to provide him (and rest of kids) the best "working environment" (both by bringing right coach and proven/experienced players) so they can just concentrate on playing and developing into the best players they can.

BBZ8800

Come on! His first goal after having been out during 10 months is what football is all about.

Wasn't Coutinho also out for 8-9 Months (a similar amount of time) and when he scored his first goal, he didn't make a 2-hour-movie out of it?

So:
1. why does Anse need a 60+ seconds celebration and running to stands
2. while Coutinho has a jump and 10 seconds celebration?

Or is: Ansu's return and a goal way more important than Cou's?
Of coruse that it is, this is how a hype machine works.
And this is why he is buying it.

FinBarcelonafan

Wasn't Coutinho also out for 8-9 Months (a similar amount of time) and when he scored his first goal, he didn't make a 2-hour-movie out of it?

So:

Coutinho is proven player.

Either way, this is a joke conversation. Absurd really.

Seriously, are we complaining about someone celebrating their goal? Isn't it alpha as fuck? Ronaldo takes of his shirt every time he scores.

jamrock

Well this is a plain stupid post that says or adds absolutely nothing.

BBZ8800

It also won't be Ansu's fault if he won't become the next leader of this team when he'll actually grow up in a team with no (good) veteran leadership presence around him to learn from. Young Messi had Puyol, Xavi, Ronaldinho (probably not the best example due to his life style off the pitch but he did a lot for Messi in his early years taking him under his wings)

Why do we have excuses for everything?

1. a bad coach
2. a bad system
3. a lack of older captains/team leaders

Who was Xavi/Puyol/Valdes teacher in early 2000s?
1. a team sucked
2. a team had horrible results
3. coaches were bad
4. atmosphere was bad
5. team leaders were eternal losers like Kluivert

How come that Xavi/Puyol came good in horrible circumstances but today's players need someone to hold their hand paired with the best coach/beast teammates/perfect system?

Or, more likely: we are giving too many excuses for current players.
Poor Frenkie without a system, poor Arthur wthout teammates who make forward runs, now it will be poor Ansu.

vegitot

Why do we have excuses for everything?

1. a bad coach
2. a bad system
3. a lack of older captains/team leaders

Who was Xavi/Puyol/Valdes teacher in early 2000s?
1. a team sucked
2. a team had horrible results
3. coaches were bad
4. atmosphere was bad
5. team leaders were eternal losers like Kluivert

How come that Xavi/Puyol came good in horrible circumstances but today's players need someone to hold their hand paired with the best coach/beast teammates/perfect system?

Or, more likely: we are giving too many excuses for current players.
Poor Frenkie without a system, poor Arthur wthout teammates who make forward runs, now it will be poor Ansu.

Pep, Lucho, Cocu. But yes current situation is not as bad as early 2000s.

Laplacian

We've went from fanboys arguing over their preferred world class players and why Suarez, Messi and Neymar shouldn't be at this club to...this. Fuck even the fan discussions have declined.

Messi983

That action where we tried an overhead kick, he didn't even look at his teammates, we were 3 vs 2 against an empty net without a goalkeeper.
In that moment, it seems like: me, me, me.

Paired with this celebration after his first goal of a season:
His body language is slightly too cocky and he is making a 60-seconds drama, youtube video, going to stands, hugging everyone, wawing to everyone, as if he just won his 10th gold medal at summer Olympics or something.

Elements of buying his hype from social media and paperes are there.
Let's see how it will develop in the future.

I don't understand what you want from the players. You don't like Barca DNA choir boys. And you also don't like if players show a bit of what could be seen as cockiness (although I don't think it was in Ansu's case - read below). You should probably start watching robots playing football. :lol: They will come to the game, do their job without showing any emotions or weaknesses and go home.

I've said trying that overhead kick was a poor decision but this has nothing to do with his attitude. Players make wrong choices/mental mistakes (for different reasons) in every game, even much more experienced and proven as Ansu.

And you're really overthinking his celebration in the Levante game. He was coming back after 10 months, hungry to play football and has scored a nice goal. It was clear it meant a lot to him but he didn't take off his shirt and run around like crazy. He first celebrated with his teammates who were all genuinely happy for him. Araujo lifted him up (similar to what Ronaldinho did with Messi when he has scored his first goal; you've probably thought Messi was cocky at that time as well :)). Then he was waiwing to his familly, ran to hug one of the doctors who helped him during recovery and gave a handshake to his younger brother. There was nothing "me first" in his behavior. If anything, it was the opposite. He was grateful to all people who have supported him.

delancey

So:

While I think that the whole Barca DNA narrative is one that is currently being marketed heavily due to the club?s financial position (and one that the fans also want to see happen, of course), watching a La Masia graduate make a stunning comeback while defying all expectations of what one could possibly expect of an 18 year old was a moment of pure joy to watch. Ansu Fati is not only being branded as hope for a better future, fans are clearly writing this narrative as well. Everyone wanted him to succeed, to prove doubters wrong, and he did. At 18! After having been out for 10 months. Coutinho, on the other hand, is viewed by many as a washed up failure of a signing who hasn?t lived up to expectations of a 150m+ euro player. Coutinho represents the past; Fati the future.

vegitot

His celebration vs Levante is pretty normal. His teammates celebrate with him then he celebrates with his family and people who help him through out a year. Media make it bigger because Fati is the next no 10, Messi's heir or whatever they like to think.

Home of Barca Fans