Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

dickbutt

...Look up videos of 17 year old Neymar. He'll never get there mate, he doesn't have the natural talent to be that great of a dribbler and playmaker.

17 year old Neymar was playing in Brazil Seria A against a bunch of favela kids. Meanwhile Ansu Fati is playing in one of the best leagues in the world at the age of 16-17 and actually making a concrete difference and deciding games.

Riordon

He will never reach the level of Neymar but who cares? Neymar is a phenom and not far from Messi in terms of ability. Far less can do it aswell.

This Ansu + more speed is good enough for me. He knows how to position himself greatly and offer runs in behind but he is a bit too slow.

Also yesterday I liked him way more as a winger than the 9. Dropped deep and asked for the ball way to much.

David Villa is the best comparison yet.

vegitot

17 year old Neymar was playing in Brazil Seria A against a bunch of favela kids. Meanwhile Ansu Fati is playing in one of the best leagues in the world at the age of 16-17 and actually making a concrete difference and deciding games.

Neymar is completely different in term of talent. He played in Brazil but also was Brazil's ace at very young age.

Riordon

I have no doubt that he would score 15-20 goals as a starter, which is absolutely mental.

Why is it mental? Shouldnt it be expected when guys want to compare him to talents like Neymar, Rooney, Mbappe, Benzema? Some of these guys smashed those numbers, let alone guys like Sancho, Greenwood, Haaland, Martial.

He need to produce 15-20 goals a season by next year when he will be 19 if we want to compare him to top talent.

otherpitt33

Interested how Ansu is going to work with Gus Maia.

Think Maia seems also world class potentially and lives on the LW but could play all over.

Pedri also has AM/LW in mind.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He will never reach the level of Neymar but who cares? Neymar is a phenom and not far from Messi in terms of ability. Far less can do it aswell.

This Ansu + more speed is good enough for me. He knows how to position himself greatly and offer runs in behind but he is a bit too slow.

Also yesterday I liked him way more as a winger than the 9. Dropped deep and asked for the ball way to much.

David Villa is the best comparison yet.

Never say never.

Porque

What exactly are we talking about when saying he won't reach Neymar's level? Are we talking about Neymar's natural innate ability or literally the level he performs fulfilling his fuctions in a top team?

If it is the first then few can match Neymar including, but if it is the latter then there is no reason Ansu can't reach that level.

Incredible game's by Ansu against Germany and Ukraine. He could of had a brace of goals in each match and legally scored in each match. With both, being his debut games.

The kid doesn't feel pressure, he knows for to do and when in a match and his movement and off the ball positioning is world class. He is going to develop into a clutch player for us.

Those looking at singular abilities like his pace or his dribbling are completely missing the mark. There is a dime a dozen young players who explode with one of these assets every season but don't get anywhere because they never develop their complete game. But Ansu right now is at the in-game ability of a player like Mane or Salah when they were 22/23.

When Ansu phsycially develops more in a few years to equal his mental game then the sky is the limit. And I couldn't give a crap if he reaches Neymar's level or Mbappe's level or compare him to any other 17/18 year old kid playing on the beach. What I care about is that he becomes a quality starter in the FCB 11 and system- which he is on his way to be.

Sometimes we are so obsessed with the next big jogo bonito that we forget that to win the CL we need the hardwork e eficiente. If that wasn't the case then PSG would of beaten Bayern have NeySea and Baguette.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

This club and the fucking supporters! ��
We have had plenty of sexy, big name players but still trail Bayern and Liverpool in terms of CL wins.
We need a TEAM and we need the right parts.
Fati doesn't need to be Neymar or have his level of talent. He just needs to be himself, work hard and hopefully be guided along the right way.
And BTW if Neymar had a quarter of Fatis temperament and maturity he would have won Balon Dor. Instead he's fucking around in France, partying in Brazil and not doing much justice to his talent.

FinBarcelonafan

This club and the fucking supporters! ��
We have had plenty of sexy, big name players but still trail Bayern and Liverpool in terms of CL wins.
We need a TEAM and we need the right parts.
Fati doesn't need to be Neymar or have his level of talent. He just needs to be himself, work hard and hopefully be guided along the right way.
And BTW if Neymar had a quarter of Fatis temperament and maturity he would have won Balon Dor. Instead he's fucking around in France, partying in Brazil and not doing much justice to his talent.

Truth. We need a team. Team is better than one invidual Messi.Barca hasn't played like a team for 3-4 years now. It's been about invidual brilliance, which is not leading to any success.

Andresito

Staff member
As have been pointed out it's hard to know what's being compared to when naming Neymar.
As for the ability to pick something out of his ass out of nothing, Neymar is in a league of his own with likes of Messi.
Ansu isn't that type of player.

But when it comes to effectiveness Neymar is pretty low on the list. This is where Ansu shines.
It's very early to tell but I have the feeling that Ansu will be reliable in terms of what he does on the pitch.

I think Pedro is a good comparison with Ansu being a reliable player who guarantees hard work, good finishing, bravery and a great mentality.
But compared to Pedro he can be a bigger leader and star.

Career wise Neymar isn't THAT special. Ansu can also have that type of career. I think a challenge for him would be to beat Villa's goal record for Spain. Won't be easy but he has time, talent and mentality on his side.

FinBarcelonafan

As have been pointed out it's hard to know what's being compared to when naming Neymar.
As for the ability to pick something out of his ass out of nothing, Neymar is in a league of his own with likes of Messi.
Ansu isn't that type of player.

But when it comes to effectiveness Neymar is pretty low on the list. This is where Ansu shines.
It's very early to tell but I have the feeling that Ansu will be reliable in terms of what he does on the pitch.

I think Pedro is a good comparison with Ansu being a reliable player who guarantees hard work, good finishing, bravery and a great mentality.
But compared to Pedro he can be a bigger leader and star.

Career wise Neymar isn't THAT special. Ansu can also have that type of career. I think a challenge for him would be to beat Villa's goal record for Spain. Won't be easy but he has time, talent and mentality on his side.

Neymar's biggest achievement is being the top scorer for Brazil. (isn't he already #1?)

jamrock

He will never be neymar 🤣🤣🤣.

As if neymar is some water mark we should have our players aim to be.

Who has more natural ability & "pace" neymar or muller?.

Who has had a better career?........ Exactly shut the hell up.

His movement off the ball, his awareness, his maturity, is better than any 16-17 year old i have seen in recent memory and he has enough pace & skill to exploit those 3 things, which is what makes him special.

You never know how a player will develop, but after his body feels in, and he continues to have his great movement, awareness & maturity in his play. Bomb!!!. 🔥⚡

Last edited:

Havesaks

I think he can be better than Neymar in a sense he will be a system player. Neymars problem here he wanted to much and if only he could have his position fixed as LW he would have done better and the team would have done better. In PSG he is the main man and with Brazil the same, but he hasn't won anything of worth with any of those, he has the goals and assists but also to many injuries at critical times.

Fati can be the star player like Ronaldo Was, doesn't need to be a playmaker to achieve greatness. Right now I would say he looks something in between David Villa and Henry in "goodness". But only time will tell how good he will be. But I'm sure he will be better than Pedro e.g.

Home of Barca Fans