Andres Iniesta

You wrote a whole lot here without really saying anything meaningful.

EDIT: The last thing that's going to add balance to team is by advising the full backs to cut inside, if anything it's going to significantly destabilize it. Good luck defending on the counter when your FB is at the the top of the opponents box.

Good luck defending the counter when the FB is standing at the opposition's sideline (having overlapped), and has just lumped the 100th ineffective cross.

GetIn

Good luck defending the counter when the FB is standing at the opposition's sideline (having overlapped), and has just lumped the 100th ineffective cross.

If your so adamantly against the full back doing his job and putting crosses in, why not just play a back 3? Your plan makes zero sense as a full back playing on the flank opposite to his dominant foot, like you suggested with Roberto means that they will be defending against wingers with their weak foot, I don't really think that's a good strategy.

If your so adamantly against the full back doing his job and putting crosses in, why not just play a back 3? Your plan makes zero sense as a full back playing on the flank opposite to his dominant foot, like you suggested with Roberto means that they will be defending against wingers with their weak foot, I don't really think that's a good strategy.

Yes, if this is about semantics he would not be conventional LB, he would be a left attacking midfielder on the ball and because he doesn't overlap much he can drop back in the LB position easily without the ball, so it would be BACK FOUR. Also, weak foot/strong foot analysis is overrated and not significant.

GetIn

If he wants to demand an exorbitant wage we should just let him go after next season. He is a legend and one of our best players ever but he is not worth allocating a large chunk of our wage bill to at this point in his career. Give him a grand send off.

springfield

I find it hard to believe all of a sudden Iniesta has become greedy or something. The issue for him is playing time.

What do you mean with playing time? Because he played almost every game unless he had an injury or not fit. I think it's more about his physical shape and that he doesn't know if he can keep playing that much on this high level. My best bet is that he wants more freedom and have a say to be left out of the starting XI when he feels it's asking to much from his body. Iniesta is a family man, i don't see him leaving the city Barcelona.

Giginho75

imo he has still two years for high level, but he must be managed and preserved...
less games for him and certainly more bench...
but his talent and experience will be important, as usual.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
People actually wanting him to leave because of money. Does it personally affect you? Fuck those couple of millions, Iniesta is a once in a lifetime player and of the greatest Barca legends in history.
If all of this is even true.

JamDav1982

People actually wanting him to leave because of money. Does it personally affect you? Fuck those couple of millions, Iniesta is a once in a lifetime player and of the greatest Barca legends in history.
If all of this is even true.

Totally disagree with that.

Legend or not it doesn't make any difference. If Iniesta for example Is getting paid too much or is on high wages that can be better used elsewhere then it is perfectly fine to want that money to be used in a way that helps team more.

Cant think of anything worse for the team than overpaying legendary players as feel they have earned it due to the past and not the present.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
If it is about sums like a couple of Millions for 2 years I do not care at all. I am not talking about amounts of money that would seriously hurt the club.

BarcaOG

Banned
Totally disagree with that.

Legend or not it doesn't make any difference. If Iniesta for example Is getting paid too much or is on high wages that can be better used elsewhere then it is perfectly fine to want that money to be used in a way that helps team more.

Cant think of anything worse for the team than overpaying legendary players as feel they have earned it due to the past and not the present.

four words for you: mes que un club. if that motto means anything, we should not be discarding hugely influential and successful players due to fiscal concerns. there are several business-oriented clubs that are happy doing that, but not us (generally).

besides: there are pragmatic reasons why keeping players like Iniesta/Xavi around is useful. do not underestimate the value and benefits accruing from younger players coming up through the ranks, like Carles Alena, training and receiving advice from players they have literally grown up admiring. Puyol for example left too soon (due to injury of course) and we still have not replaced his natural, fiery leadership, nor the disciplining influence he brought to the team.

Albo

To me més que en club always meant that no player is bigger than the club. When the time comes that Messi becomes old and out of form, I don't see the reason why Barca should pay huge money to keep him happy. One would think that legend like Iniesta would repay Barcelona all the things they have given him by not acting like a douche about money. That's if there is any truth to this debacle.

Home of Barca Fans