Andres Iniesta

footyfan

Calma, calma
Ramos is pretty low on the Madrid players I hate. Alonso is the player I hate the most from Madrid, followed by Arbeloa and Casillas. As for Pepe, I just feel sorry for him nowadays.

DinhoR10

Ramos can't control his temper. Not justifying his moronic behavior, but he would have most likely punched Cristiano as well if he got really mad in a game :lol:

But that's from the impression I get from the journos in Spain and the foreign ones who cover spanish football.

Off topic, but I think I might be the only cule around here who likes Ramos and Alonso. :pep:

That disqualifies him in my book, a captain has to be the most composed person on your team, the guy just doesn't deserve it in my book after all iniesta has done for the team. Maybe it's the fact that I hate all rm players with a passion but i don't see why the Barca players do everything (scored every goal in the World Cup win) but the Real Madrid guy gets the captaincy. I'm not upset about Casillas because he was the best at a point but Ramos just doesn't deserve it more than iniesta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That disqualifies him in my book, a captain has to be the most composed person on your team, the guy just doesn't deserve it in my book after all iniesta has done for the team. Maybe it's the fact that I hate all rm players with a passion but i don't see why the Barca players do everything (scored every goal in the World Cup win) but the Real Madrid guy gets the captaincy. I'm not upset about Casillas because he was the best at a point but Ramos just doesn't deserve it more than iniesta.

You always go for the person who got the capability to be a good captain, Casillas was that, Puyol was that and I agree with you that Ramos just doesn't look like a such player due to his immaturity and crazy behavior at times. Im not sure whether Iniesta will be a great captain either to be honest.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Iniesta should be a shoo-in to be the next captain for Spain. Following him, the only one I'd give the captaincy to on the current team is Busquets.

Morten

Iniesta is perhaps the most talented player in the squad, but captains are not really chosen based on that alone. Iniesta really dont strike me as a captain type, neither does Messi.

CesDel

Iniesta is perhaps the most talented player in the squad, but captains are not really chosen based on that alone. Iniesta really dont strike me as a captain type, neither does Messi.

But neither does, Ramos. I mean, he is far to stupid as a player to be captain. And Zidane didn't really seem like a captain either. All he did was what Iniesta is doing right now, lead be example..

khorne

if i remember correctly, captaincy in the seleccion is given based on caps. which would mean after this world cup the hierachy goes ramos, and then...torres :VdB:

Ramos wouldn't even make a bad captain, but iniesta is the perfect choice, hands down. he's the most skilled player of spain, everybody likes him, the media, the coaches, the team mates, the people on the street...espanyol fans like him. he's the perfect identification figure, a "catalan" manchego who is a legend for barca and the nt. by 2018, he could have well over 130 caps, 600 champions league games, he's respected by the refs and the opponents - in a nutshell
Iniesta = spain

Superstar85

Yes the Spanish captaincy is given to the most capped player on the pitch and that has worked fine for them so far so i don't see why they should consider changing that method.
Iniesta is Spanish best player but i personally don't think he has what it takes to be a solid captain on the pitch, the same goes for him in the Barca shirt as well.

DinhoR10

Yes the Spanish captaincy is given to the most capped player on the pitch and that has worked fine for them so far so i don't see why they should consider changing that method.
Iniesta is Spanish best player but i personally don't think he has what it takes to be a solid captain on the pitch, the same goes for him in the Barca shirt as well.

Well if that's the system than so be it. Although if Xavi leaves I don't see who else will get the captaincy for Barca, no one else is really better than him, the only one you can really make a case for is pique and the only thing he has over iniesta is height.

Home of Barca Fans