André Gomes

Wick

On another note, how tf are we funding all of this?

Yeah, seems like a lot of money being thrown around.

Probably either
A) Arda gets sold. Essentially funds the Gomes buy.
B) Nike and Qatar deals make it possible to exceed our normal transfer budget
C) Take money from next year's budget

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
[MENTION=19693]gregorrin10[/MENTION]

If Real signed him for 60m+ then I wouldn't have complained. That's still more money than I'd pay for him even if I like him.

We've essentially signed him for 35m which is good enough.

Not my money ofc, but 65m+ as it was rumored would've really been stretching it...

Last edited:

hardyboy

Players who rejexted Madrid to sign for us have succeeded at Barca. Iniesta, Rakitic, Neymar etc. Hope the trend continues with Gomes.

Last edited:

Morten

Not like we really needed another cm, if anything its a dm we need, not a big deal i think. But its a worrying trend if clubs are going to start to accept less money as long as they dont sell to Real Madrid. We have to make sure to make absurd demands to Valencia next time they want to loan a player, buy a bench-warmer.

Messi983

On another note, how tf are we funding all of this?

We had reportedly around 24M of transfer budget left before today and got another 5M for Halilović. So if the fix. fee for Gomes is really "only" 35M we are around 6M in minus but we'll get some more money with the likely sales of Vermaelen, Tello and Adriano. Now if we buy Vietto for around 20-25M then we'll probably be around 15M short but I guess this could go from the next year budget when we won't really have any big need except maybe RB if Vidal and Roberto won't work out.

That Valencia accepted a 35m bid and rejected a 60m bid smells fishy, to say the least.

They just like us more than you. :neymar:

Now we have Iniesta, Busi, Rakitic, Denis, Arda, Rafinha, Samper, Gomes....WHERE WILL LUCHO PUT THEM ALL?!?!?!

Most of them will stay out of the squad and Gumbau will play instead. :gumbau:

xavi_the_Boss

Not like we really needed another cm, if anything its a dm we need, not a big deal i think. But its a worrying trend if clubs are going to start to accept less money as long as they dont sell to Real Madrid. We have to make sure to make absurd demands to Valencia next time they want to loan a player, buy a bench-warmer.

Valencia asking RM for the release clause was probably BS.

BarçaBarça

Rumours about a done deal with Real, that we hijacked and that Tello maybe in the deal and that none of our players are included :thinking: I will look at this tommorow when there is more clarity..

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You gotta ask yourself though, they can snatch Gomes out of the dark but can't dump Douglas & Adriano?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valencia haven't even come out with a press release. Looks like Mendes fell out with them and perhaps exercised some clause to move him elsewhere.

Home of Barca Fans