André Gomes

khaled_a_d

Umtiti was a bargain deal,Bojan
And many people didn't like Suarez initially due to his price,and I am guilty of being one of those :blush:

Last edited:

BBZ8800

3-If we count Denis add on then shouldn't we count Gomes add ons which could realistically add 10M for the deal? so it will be counted more as 45M not 35M.

Of course that we should count add-ons both for Gomes and Denis.
But, from what I have read here, it seems that Denis will reach his conditions, since he is only supposed to play and his addons are not related to CL trophies and similar.
So, even if win nothing in the next 3 years, we will need to play additional 10M for Denis ONLY because he played 100 matches for Barca.

About Gomes, he has conditions like winning trebles, winning CLs, and being a BallonDOr (Iirc).

I wanted to say, if we'll win La Ligas and Cdrs, but not CL, we will pay a lot of additional money for Denis and almost nothing for Gomes.
Gomes will cost us a lot of additional money if we'll treble after treble.

So, imo, total fee for Gomes in the end will be closer to an original transfer fee (35-40M), while a fee for Denis will rise a lot regardless of our trophies (12-15M, based on whether we count or not transfers between Barca, Sevilla and Villareal and who knows what has actually happened there and who paid how much).

khaled_a_d

Of course that we should count add-ons both for Gomes and Denis.
But, from what I have read here, it seems that Denis will reach his conditions, since he is only supposed to play and his addons are not related to CL trophies and similar.
So, even if win nothing in the next 3 years, we will need to play additional 10M for Denis ONLY because he played 100 matches for Barca.

About Gomes, he has conditions like winning trebles, winning CLs, and being a BallonDOr (Iirc).

I wanted to say, if we'll win La Ligas and Cdrs, but not CL, we will pay a lot of additional money for Denis and almost nothing for Gomes.
Gomes will cost us a lot of additional money if we'll treble after treble.

So, imo, total fee for Gomes in the end will be closer to an original transfer fee (35-40M), while a fee for Denis will rise a lot regardless of our trophies (12-15M, based on whether we count or not transfers between Barca, Sevilla and Villareal and who knows what has actually happened there and who paid how much).

Gomes conditions IIRC is related to:
1-Winning Liga
2-Reaching CL QF
3-Reaching CL SF
4-Winning CL
If we win both Liga and CL next 5 years those conditions will sum up for 20M IIRC
5-15M for BallonDOr,this is the one no one counting.
I don't remember the exact numbers but I remember when I read it I though it seem realistic we will pay 10M extra fee for him

wisconsincule

Well if we are winning the champions league who gives a shit if we've gotta pay Valencia more money? I'd gladly take more trophies if that means paying his escalators.

F

FlaFCB

Sometimes I wonder how Samper would be doing with his minutes. This new policy really isn't the best.

snowy

Well if we are winning the champions league who gives a shit if we've gotta pay Valencia more money? I'd gladly take more trophies if that means paying his escalators.

I'm pretty bullish on the Spanish trophies but tbh the CL's got some heavy duty contenders this year. Dude, so impressed with their game-play this year. Then again, on a good day with our A-Game on, we can on any team.

The treble would be sweet specially since we started real slow and many commentators and folks were writing us off. Now we've got the momentum back, might just go all the way!

Neeraj

When he fails to control that simple pass, he doesn't even show the mad hunger to go and win the ball back. He just trots around like '0 fucks given'. So you have someone who doesn't look like he has what it takes to make it here, combine that with his nonchalant attitude, it really pisses me off.

If you've bought someone, I agree that you have got to give them chances. But it's also the players responsibility to earn the chance to start in big games. We shouldn't just hand them out, just because we paid big money for someone. I'm more than happy playing Gomes in cup games and against easier opposition, resting any of our starting midfielders; we have him so might as well make some use of him. What i absolutely cannot stand is what Lucho is doing; which is giving him chance after chance, almost treating him like a first choice midfielder, when he has absolutely not earned that right.

serghei

Sometimes I wonder how Samper would be doing with his minutes. This new policy really isn't the best.

Well, Gomes was a star player at Valencia so both Madrid and Barca were after him, while Samper barely plays at the worst team in the league. Gomes is already proven in La Liga. Samper is not. There is both a gap in quality at this moment and a gap in potential between them imo.

F

FlaFCB

Well, Gomes was a star player at Valencia so both Madrid and Barca were after him, while Samper barely plays at the worst team in the league. Gomes is already proven in La Liga. Samper is not. There is both a gap in quality at this moment and a gap in potential between them imo.

That gap isn't that big. I've seen some Granada matches this season, there was one today. Samper at least was already used to the system, and had some good games with the 1st team. I really think it was bad planning. Should had kept Samper and get a rb with those 35m.

serghei

That gap isn't that big. I've seen some Granada matches this season, there was one today. Samper at least was already used to the system, and had some good games with the 1st team. I really think it was bad planning. Should had kept Samper and get a rb with those 35m.

Disagree. I like Gomes' transfer and it is a type of transfer we need to make, even if there is some risk involved. No risk, no reward. If only we had done the same when Isco was playing for Malaga.

Jombi

Gomes is proven to be average in La Liga. Nothing special. How can you say he was a star based on the games you saw him play prior to signing for us? He is a star in the mind of his well connected agent, thats all, and that means big money moves.

Disagree. I like Gomes' transfer and it is a type of transfer we need to make, even if there is some risk involved. No risk, no reward. If only we had done the same when Isco was playing for Malaga.

Isco was ten times the player for Malaga than Gomes was for Valencia. The "type of transfer" similarity ends with their age.

Home of Barca Fans