Alvaro Morata

Raketa10

That what's "boggles" me too... Wtf is going on.

Messi alone would probably guarantee us a top 4 position. Furthermore, he would generate additional income through shirt sales, sponsorship deals, ticket sales etc. Firstly I thought that they let him go in order to start rebuild. I could live with that idea. However, 6 months further the line we have signed 38y old Alves and we are contemplating to bring 33y old Azpiliqueta, 30y old Tagliafico and 29y old Morata?!?! In addition to that we keep on starting Busi, Pique and Alba every single game. This is anything but rebuild. This is a fucking nightmare! It looks like they are now trying to reach that TOP 4 at all cost. Let's say we reach it. What than?!?! We'll again go out of CL in a group stages with this horrible squad! They have no plan whatsoever, this is a definition of short term thinking.

Lol nah man we cant afford to miss CL no matter what. Morata is a good player.

Paying A finished Messi a milllion per weeks is different to paying Ferrans transfer fee whch is like 10m per year.

That "finished Messi" even if he had one goddamn leg would still be 10 times better player than fucking Morata. Furthermore, he would bring additional income to the club.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Messi alone would probably guarantee us a top 4 position. Furthermore, he would generate additional income through shirt sales, sponsorship deals, ticket sales etc. Firstly I thought that they let him go in order to start rebuild. I could live with that idea. However, 6 months further the line we have signed 38y old Alves and we are contemplating to bring 33y old Azpiliqueta, 30y old Tagliafico and 29y old Morata?!?! In addition to that we keep on starting Busi, Pique and Alba every single game. This is anything but rebuild. This is a fucking nightmare! It looks like they are now trying to reach that TOP 4 at all cost. Let's say we reach it. What than?!?! We'll again go out of CL in a group stages with this horrible squad! They have no plan whatsoever, this is a definition of short term thinking.

Rebuild is a shit word. The idea is to transition to a new group of (younger) key players, but we still need to make up the squad. We have like one decent option upfront at the moment. Haaland alone won't solve that.

And there was no way to hold Messi. It's not like choosing one or the other.

iniestaGOAT

That "finished Messi" even if he had one goddamn leg would still be 10 times better player than fucking Morata. Furthermore, he would bring a much bigger income to the club.

Bro are you kidding me? Have you seen messi this season? Hes done.

Bring bigger income is a myth. we know we are still getting even more money through shirt sponsors even though messi isnt here. 80- 100m.

Raketa10

Rebuild is a shit word. The idea is to transition to a new group of (younger) key players, but we still need to make up the squad. We have like one decent option upfront at the moment. Haaland alone won't solve that.

And there was no way to hold Messi. It's not like one or the other.

I honestly don't believe this was the case. I am aware they didn't have the money but IMHO they wanted him out. Few weeks later Busi, Pique and Alba accepted lower wages. If they wanted him to stay they would have renewed him before 1st of June.

Bro are you kidding me? Have you seen messi this season? Hes done.

Bring bigger income is a myth. we know we are still getting even more money through shirt sponsors even though messi isnt here. 80- 100m.

I agree he was horrible during the first half of the season but let's wait and see if he starts performing. He was injured and was traveling to Argentina 3 or 4 times during that period. I also believe that he would perform much better within his familiar surroundings than with PSG. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying he will again play like he did in his prime but we should not write him off just yet. He already had a horrible first part of the season last year but he was excellent in the second part. Maybe he'll repeat that again.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

I honestly don't believe this was the case. I am aware they didn't have the money but IMHO they wanted him out. Few weeks later Busi, Pique and Alba accepted lower wages. If they wanted him to stay they would have renewed him before 1st of June.

Nah they didn't. Only pique did.

JerseyAddict

Exactly! How is this better than what Barto was doing?! We let Messi go because we couldn't spent 30 mil on his salary and 6 months later we'll spent a fucnking fortune on Torres and 29y old Morata?!?! How can anyone justify this? If we need to miss CL for one season in order to consolidate so bee it. I'd rather accept that fact than to spent millions on average players! We'll end up like AC Milan.

I think Laporta underestimated the financial crisis and overestimated the quality of the squad.

He panicked and booted Messi to save money. Gambling on "raw talents" that will shine under the supervision of experienced seniors.

Now it backfired in his face and PANIC started. Play level is bellow average, injuries ravaged the squad, some fuckers just don't wanna stop leeching and seniors are dead and done.

Now in fear of sponsors missing out on Barcelona if we don't reach UCL he is in panic buy mode...

I mean... Fuckin Morata. Jesus Christ...

BarcaOG

Banned
i dont care that he played for Real

i care that hes a shit player who starts drama wherever he goes

no thanks

JamDav1982

He would improve Barca currently but not worth money on him when barely have any.

Fucking ridiculous if end up with Morata as the starting CF for 25-30m when likes of Vlahovic and Haaland go elsewhere.

If they start signing a bunch of old and past it Spanish players then Xavi should be punted before that is acceptable.

Nazario1985

FCB still chasing the dream of Ansu returning and fulfilling what they thought he would be in 2/3 years hence the risky investment they put on him.

Explain why they are still chasing these stop gaps like Morata.

But it will end up costing them more than getting a real potential player that can last 4/5 years.

Andresito

Staff member
Would think there are others backing Xavi in this and not him stupidly acting on his own.

Laporta with his hard on for Haaland I'm sure won't prioritize Morata ahead of him if he has to choose one or the other.
Sporting department with their scouting reports all over the world, will surely have had the opportunity to present viable options to Morata. There probably are none with experience available.

Alemany and the guys know what needs to be done. If Morata comes, it surely doesn't close the doors for all other reinforcements we are in need of.

Nazario1985

Also our prospecting team is brain dead since a decade.

It's either we got garbage players flooding La massia, or let the real talents slip away and try to buy them with ridiculous amounts later.

And yes you're right, if Morata comes he will be the main choice for the next 2 years until Ansu is back.

FinBarcelonafan

Compared to Luuk vs Alaves Morata looks like prime Suarez. Not a big fan but this point i'd gladly take him.

Straight transfer or mandatory buy option no way though and idk why Atletico should agree to just a loan.

Exactly. He is Suarez compared to Luuk. We are not signing in January with no money anyone better, yet we need player for sure.

Home of Barca Fans