Álvaro Arbeloa

Beast

The Observer
Proved over & over again that he is just one miserable SOB
What he said is disrespectful to Rafa who gave him the chance to sign & in all honesty he is the one who made a name for Arbeloa
I still wonder if injuring Iker was premeditated ... Alvaro is nothing but a Jose lapdog and probably would go & join his staff at whatever club he will coach ..

El Flaco

Arbeloa is the only player in the history of the Champions League to have won 2 games by an 8 goal difference

[tw]674341399580573696[/tw]

El Flaco

Some quotes I found from Arbeloa's interview with La Galerna

About madridismo:

There are people with character who feel the madridismo, and hopefully one day they'll stick up for Madrid even knowing the consequences. Hopefully someday everyone does it. Hopefully someday everyone knows that the most important thing is Real Madrid and that what they say about you doesn't matter. That the most important thing is to give everything for this club that has given us so much. We are always in debt with Real Madrid. Sometimes I hear former players saying "with everything I've done for this club and now this..." No, excuse me. It's Real Madrid who has done a lot for you, as much as you've done for the club, what the club has done for you will always be greater.

About the current squad:

We have a squad full of young, nice people. Phenomenal people. But we could do more to have a greater unity, so that all of us would jump to defend this badge when attacked. Not doing it can be one of the reasons for winning just one league is these many years.

We are lacking a more self-demanding attitude. We need to know that Barça is playing at a very high level and that either you give 150% every match or there's nothing to do

We have a squad of very good people, with a very good atmosphere. But when one of us is having a bad time, that's when you have to be there. You are bothered? We are all here to help you. The stadium whistles? We are here for you. In the end, though it may sound silly, that unity of which I speak is a plus, and translates into points. It doesn't matter if you are the defense that steals more balls, the midfielder that gives more assists or the forward that scores more goals if don't win anything in the end.

About Zizou

Zizou has all our respect. He knows us very well, he was already with us when Carlo was here. We are being coached by someone who was our idol. In that aspect, the respect, the recognition, he has already won. This doesn't mean that with other manager you're not going to pay attention, but his message is different. We need to give him time, now comes the most crucial part of the season and we need to give it all.

About the rest of the season

We can't let ourselves go, if you want to win the Champions League, you can't turn it off one day and on the next one. The fans are tired of words, excuses. They no longer want to hear that "we will fight until the end". Fight from the beginning they tell you. People are disappointed with us. We have to get out there and give everything, let the people know that we have left everything on the pitch. When you play for Real Madrid you play against the best version of every team. When we watch videos from our rivals and then we see them on the field we say: "these guys have changed", they are faster, stronger, they put it all.

Madrid's DNA has always been the drive, the courage, the effort; not playing beautifully. We have signed the best players, so we'll play good, but first of all it has to come the effort.

About the club

(Talking about this video) The president always insist in that idea, the universality of the club. "We have millions of fans around the world", but until you see something like that you don't realize how true it is.

About Cristiano

We'll have to stuck with him a couple of years more (laughs). No, seriously, the good thing about this club is that, so to speak, we don't need the money and that allows you to not sell an extraordinary player like Cristiano. Considering they way he takes care of himself, how professional he is, he still has a long life ahead of him. Besides, he's more experienced, he's a leader, our franchise player. The longer he stays, the better

About the leaders in the squad

As usual, people with more ascendancy are the ones that have been here more years. But for example, Carvajal has a lot of character. I'm sure that in two or three years he'll be a key figure in the locker room. Luka has been here for some time too and he's one of the most loved players in the squad, and that's important. He's an amazing player and as a human being he's extraordinary. He's always there for you, he's respected and admired, everybody listens when he speaks.

About Keylor Navas

He has a great personality and it shows. He's respected and an example, he gives his life in every training. Everyone sees it. He often leaves us open-mouthed with some of the saves he does. We are delighted to have him with us.

About the semi final vs. Bayern with Mourinho

I don't think you can blame Mou anything in that regard. People do not realize that we had played three days earlier at Camp Nou, where we won 1-2 and four days before that we had against Bayern. The wear was brutal and in the second half, after a fantastic start and an unlucky penalty from Pepe, we were exhausted. It's not that Mou told us: "back". I think that simply that we had no legs, and Bayern, having rested many of their players the weekend before, was much cooler. Obviating the physical aspect in a semifinal of the Champions League is a very serious mistake by anyone who knows the sport. The wear of those two previous matches was tremendous, as I say. Physically and mentally. Sometimes you run against Barca three kilometers less than against any other team but you're more tired because of the psychological burden that carries the grandeur of that match.

About the NT

I played all qualifying for the last World Cup. Of the eight games I played six. When we had the qualification Juanfran started playing. And I just stopped going after what happened with Diego Costa. (...) Not going was hard

Full interview in Spanish

El Flaco

Open Letter from José Mourinho to Álvaro Arbeloa

Arbeloa is not just a player for me, he is a friend. How does a player turn into a friend? By being an example of passion for his profession, for love of his club, for his dedication to the group and its objectives, for his honor with relation to those with whom he works day to day.

In the history of our great club, there are and will be many of the world’s greatest players. Arbeloa may not have that accolade, but he is surely one of those who has given Real Madrid, his fans, his coaches and his teammates everything he had, and everything he didn’t.

For Arbeloa, I only have my words of gratitude. In my 16 years as a coach I have him in my podium of the most important players of whom I have worked with. A good player and an exceptional man.

http://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/opinion/2016/05/07/572d8f21468aeb6d408b469e.html

Home of Barca Fans