All time XI

Etoshow

Bro did
Between Eto'o and Henry, would you say Henry is higher rated generally because of his immense swagger and elegance?

Eto'o while very effective wasn't as stylish or easy on the eye.
Bro, please tell me something... Did you really watch peak Eto'o ? Like did you watch him play in his prime from 2002 to 2011 ? Because saying from a player Ronaldinho himself said he's brasilian back then just like Coutinho said last year that he isn't a stylish or a swag player is strange. Eto'o was very elegant on the ball, he was the black panther. And about the comparison with Henry, I don't know if you've Seen the last video of Eto'o about him, Anelka and Henry... I do share his opinion. An unstylish player is Luis Suarez for example... Damn not Eto'o.

Temptation

Bro did

Bro, please tell me something... Did you really watch peak Eto'o ? Like did you watch him play in his prime from 2002 to 2011 ? Because saying from a player Ronaldinho himself said he's brasilian back then just like Coutinho said last year that he isn't a stylish or a swag player is strange. Eto'o was very elegant on the ball, he was the black panther. And about the comparison with Henry, I don't know if you've Seen the last video of Eto'o about him, Anelka and Henry... I do share his opinion. An unstylish player is Luis Suarez for example... Damn not Eto'o.

He's not as stylish as Henry though. Peak Henry was extremely elegant.

Temptation

Answer my question please. Are you sure you watched prime Eto'o ? Or you're just biased as 90% of the youngsters.

No I watched his peak. He was fantastic for sure. But Prime Henry's playing style and technical ability was superior.

Samuel was more clutch though.

Etoshow

No I watched his peak. He was fantastic for sure. But Prime Henry's playing style and technical ability was superior.

Samuel was more clutch though.

Ok. But I don't share that opinion, Henry was a player who used too much his speed while Eto'o even if as fast was a better player in tight spaces, better tiki taka player and of course a better dribbler. I choose Barça's and Inter's Eto'o over Henry anyday.

Andresito

Staff member
Ok. But I don't share that opinion, Henry was a player who used too much his speed while Eto'o even if as fast was a better player in tight spaces, better tiki taka player and of course a better dribbler. I choose Barça's and Inter's Eto'o over Henry anyday.
Was Eto'o better than Messi?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No chance Ronaldinho gets in Milan's All Time Reserves, let alone first XI. Even Kaka would have a hard time...

But we can say for sure that we had prime Ronaldinho, R9(he had arguably his best season here being only 19 years!) and Messi. Imagine if they would have played together in their prime....
View attachment 9762

Prime Ronaldinho (2004/2005) gets anywhere I can imagine. Imagination, explosiveness, magic. There's nothing like it.
Just like prime Ronaldo 96/97. The ultimate striker.

Other clubs can go on for century and won't experience anything like this.

L3v1s

Prime Ronaldinho (2004/2005) gets anywhere I can imagine. Imagination, explosiveness, magic. There's nothing like it.
Just like prime Ronaldo 96/97. The ultimate striker.

Other clubs can go on for century and won't experience anything like this.
Yeah, but Milan didn't have prime Ronaldinho in their team (2007-2011), he was already falling as a footballer by the that time and he hasn't done anything notable with Milan to be considered a Milan legend. Sure, if we want to just include him as a Milan legend for his legacy as a player, like Maradona when he played for Barca, I guess he can have a shout. But Milan had a quite a few good teams with the 80s-90s one being one of the best in history, so it's hard to put Ronaldinho among those players that achieved way more at Rossoneri.

companyofcules

I will go Pep manager with something like this.
R9 Messi Romario
Cruyff Busquets Xavi Maradona
Sigfrid Gràcia, Koeman, Puyol
Valdes

I went Cruyff over Ronaldinho because the last tended to keep the ball too much and we already have ballers in Messi, Maradona and Romario, and went Cruyff vs Iniesta since he gave our identity, so I will want him to be the captain.
The rest I don't think I need to explain.
I introduced Xavi for a bit of structure since we are very top heavy.

And on the bench you can have Rivaldo, Eto'o, Kubala, Villa, Iniesta, Guardiola (if let's say is a total simulation), Stoickvov, Laudrup, Ronaldinho, Popescu, Hagi, Alves, Abidal, Pique, Cubarsi in the future etc.
I mean we do have a club that really had almost all the stars, and that first XI is good enough for a GOAT debate.

Home of Barca Fans