All time XI

Morten

Lewandowski has a higher goalscoring ratio in the CL than the big 2 meanwhile Suarez has like 25 in 80 odd games.....

Wonder what the excuse for that is.....He was playing those games being fed by all time greats from your club.......way better than any of RL9's Bayern teammates.

About talent......Suarez has a very untidy and unorthodox style of playing which gives you a visual illusion of unpredictability. On the other hand, Lewandowski has an elegant style of play. Prime Lewandowski has ZERO weaknesses unlike Suarez who was weak in the air and weak with his back to goal and inconsistent. Lewandowski has consistent technical and physical abilities and is one of the most well rounded CFs ever.

Lewandowski does all the basics well, his back to the goal play is, or least was, very solid, great in the air too.

There is nothing "wrong" with his play, but his weakness would be, "make the impossible possible", so to speak, you know, create goals out of nothing.

Lewa has consistency over Suarez, while the latter was more dangerous on his own(and not just in the footballing sense), so you can pick either one, neither is wrong.

Horatio

You're welcome
Cap. Not even close to RL9's mercurial 19/20 season where he'd have broken CR7's record if the tournament wasn't shortened.

Suarez was third fiddle to Messi and an inspired Prime Neymar that season who did all the heavy lifting. Great dive for the pen in the remontada though. I'll give you that. :lol:
Prime Neymar was 2015-2016 bro. PSG remontada was 2016-2017 bro. Don't even have your facts straight. I am oot.

Temptation

Lewandowski does all the basics well, his back to the goal play is, or least was, very solid, great in the air too.

There is nothing "wrong" with his play, but his weakness would be, "make the impossible possible", so to speak, you know, create goals out of nothing.

Lewa has consistency over Suarez, while the latter was more dangerous on his own(and not just in the footballing sense), so you can pick either one, neither is wrong.
Different player profiles. Lewandowski is a very Real Madrid kinda player. The main man energy, the ego and more selfish. I always thought he was destined for Real Madrid.

Suarez is more of a team player and fits better with huge superstars like Messi and Neymar.

Benzema is closer to the player profile of Lewandowski except Benzema is way more selfless and accomodating and drops deep more. Again, more of a team player. Kane and Benzema are exactly the same profile I feel.

jamrock

All time XI? Barcelona 2009/2011 with dinho on the left, almost unbeatable.

Add Ronaldo as a striker, and put Messi on the left, Completely unbeatable.

Etoshow

I think people tend to forget with the time how good Eto'o was. The perfect match when you have R10 and Messi up front is Samuel Eto'o because even though he's also a talented player and wonderful goalscorer, he was the 1st defender of the team. I mean how many kilometers did he run every match ? The pressure he put on the opposite defense, the balls he recovered, as Xavi said : I've never seen Samuel Eto'o tired. And he still banged a lot of goals, gave assists and destroyed defenders. Also I don't know many better big games player than him. He wasn't a marketing product, else he would be regarded higher.

Andresito

Staff member
I think people tend to forget with the time how good Eto'o was. The perfect match when you have R10 and Messi up front is Samuel Eto'o because even though he's also a talented player and wonderful goalscorer, he was the 1st of the team. I mean how many kilometers did he run every match ? The pressure he put on the opposite defense, the balls he recovered, as Xavi said : I've never seen Samuel Eto'o tired. And he still banged a lot of goals, gave assists and destroyed defenders. Also I don't know many better big games player than him. He wasn't a marketing product, else he would be regarded higher.
Dude what is it with you and Eto'o. Are you from Cameroon?

L3v1s

Yes dude I told it my 1st days on the forum I thought. He's one of my favourites player ever and my interest for FC Barcelona grew a lot when he signed.
We're talking about the best XI of all time though. He was nowhere near that good. Deserves a shoutout for Barca's All Stars though.

Etoshow

We're talking about the best XI of all time though. He was nowhere near that good. Deserves a shoutout for Barca's All Stars though.
That's your opinion and I respect it. I was just giving mine and according to me he was that good because a player who shared the lead with prime Ronaldinho and Messi is that good. He's underrated and that's also my opinion.

Temptation

Yes dude I told it my 1st days on the forum I thought. He's one of my favourites player ever and my interest for FC Barcelona grew a lot when he signed.
Between Eto'o and Henry, would you say Henry is higher rated generally because of his immense swagger and elegance?

Eto'o while very effective wasn't as stylish or easy on the eye.

Home of Barca Fans