Alexis Sanchez

Should've sold Pedro & Fabregas and kept Alexis. He invests his whole heart, he is full of passion & energy and universal football player. I miss him, I think we were unable to use him best, most effective way.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The tactics that we use now, with more direct football compared to the previous years, with Messi back to RF role would have suited well with Sanchez.... It's completely hypothetical and no body can exactly predict if the team would have done just as well, better or worse with Sanchez in place of Suarez, but Sanchez would also have done good. What more Suarez brings to the table with his goal threat, Sanchez would also have brought something with his brilliant dribbles and his lethal shots. The only thing he lacked here and that he got at Arsenal & Chile is confidence and trust from the manager to play his natural game!

Jombi

Sanchez IS good enough for barca.When he was here he wasn't that good but now at arsenal,he is really really good.At this point of time he surely is good enough to play here.

No he is not. People argue that he needs freedom, and sure, with freedom and facing teams which give him more space he is better, but we are Barcelona and players who are given freedom have to be incredibly good. That's a luxury position. And Alexis isnt that good.

Truthist

He's a brilliant player but his best position is the same as Neymar's position. He isn't nearly as effective on the right.

Neymessi

No he is not. People argue that he needs freedom, and sure, with freedom and facing teams which give him more space he is better, but we are Barcelona and players who are given freedom have to be incredibly good. That's a luxury position. And Alexis isnt that good.

Can you name the players apart from barca who are good enough for barca.Forwards I mean.

BBZ8800

Can you name the players apart from barca who are good enough for barca.Forwards I mean.

Cr7, Benzema, Reus, Aguero, Lewa, Robben, maybe Bale.

Not Alexis.
But there are probably 10 more players who would fit us more than Alexis, but less than the guys mentioned above.

serghei

Cr7, Benzema, Reus, Aguero, Lewa, Robben, maybe Bale.

Not Alexis.
But there are probably 10 more players who would fit us more than Alexis, but less than the guys mentioned above.

Robben is out of it. He's old and often injured these days.

I'd place Alexis in that list.

Ronaldo, Benzema, Reus, Aguero, Lewa, James (instead of Bale), Modric, Neuer, Alexis, Verratti or Pogba (not exactly tight now, but in the near future), Hazard, Marcelo, Alaba, Boateng.

There is a serious lack of defenders and fullbacks though.

There are probably some others.

Last edited:

Observer

Banned
There's a lot of people who would fit at Barca forwards, it really depends if the plan is more vertical play with a classic CF and two wingers or more possession with a false 9 with 2 wingers switching positions.

BBZ8800

There's a lot of people who would fit at Barca forwards, it really depends if the plan is more vertical play with a classic CF and two wingers or more possession with a false 9 with 2 wingers switching positions.

We all have different opinions.

But for me, Alexis is like 20th or 30th best forward/attacking winger in the world.
I would personally never, but NEVER bought a player for like him to be our starting 11 player.
Messi is the best player, Neymar is the 3rd best attacker. Alexis is 20th.
We sold the 20th best attacker and bought Suarez, who is the 4th or the 5th in the world.
So, instead of having 1-3-20 attack, we have 1-3-4 attack (in rankings).

He is not a central forward like Villa, Etoo or Suarez.
Or if he is, then he is not good enough.

As a winger, again, I would rather have 10s of other players.

In the last 15 years, 2 players whom I hated the most were Fabio Rochemback and Alexis.
We will never know whether we would won a CL with him, but my opinion is: one big no.
(I am not hating him because he has an ugly haircut, or because I don't like him. I just couldn't watch that guy and his dumb decisions and yelling: what the fuck were you trying to do in that action, like 10 times in every match...)

He is one of the dumbest players I have every seen.
I know that this sounds very rude, but it was so frustrating to watch him play and looking at his mostly horrible decisions.
He has an awesome natural talent and he score 100s of golazos, but in other 89 minutes, it was too painful to watch him.

Neymessi

I am pretty sure there a lot of barca players who if were not at barca would not be considered good enough for barca if current sanchez is not good enough for barca.

Home of Barca Fans