Alen Halilović

serghei

Bundesliga is great for him. It's a physical league, that will make him stronger in his body, and it's also very professional. Also quite entertaining, every team tries to play, so this will be good for him, because he's an offensive player no doubt, his defensive contribution is limited, which is why he was benched at Gijon later in the season. I'm hoping Hamburg doesn't defend with the whole team and plays on the counter against 90% of the teams they meet.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Very typical Alen goal, tbh - he loves that curled shot from the right side. Not sure how he did otherwise in the match since that occurred very early.

Far too soon to predict him coming back etc. but clearly a talent

Yannik

A buyback clause doesnt mean he will definitely return. It would require Halilovic to agree to rejoin Barca of course. I think we can assume that Halilovic would agree given the appeal of being at Barca, however, it could also happen that a third club is interested in him and he prefers that to Barca. Maybe because he thinks he has a bigger role there.

navidjaan

A buyback clause doesnt mean he will definitely return. It would require Halilovic to agree to rejoin Barca of course. I think we can assume that Halilovic would agree given the appeal of being at Barca, however, it could also happen that a third club is interested in him and he prefers that to Barca. Maybe because he thinks he has a bigger role there.

That could've been said about Denis too, but look what happened. With the world class potential Halilovic has, there's no way he'd say no.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Only problem is, Lucho doesn't seem to rate him.
But then again, Asturian will probably leave at the end of this season.

dakt

And why should he rate him? The little fella is good, but I wouldn't count on him if I was a manager. Almost the same story as with Kovacic, but Alen has bigger balls then he does so he might grow to be a better player.
Till then, he better work his ass off.

Yannik

That could've been said about Denis too, but look what happened. With the world class potential Halilovic has, there's no way he'd say no.

Well doesnt mean it could not happen with Halilovic, afaik Denis Suarez and Alen Halilovic are two different persons with 2 different minds. It will probably depend, how good he will be in the next 2ywars. If he's good but not good enough for Barca, then he might deny the buyback and join soneone like Dortmund instead.

khaled_a_d

Well doesnt mean it could not happen with Halilovic, afaik Denis Suarez and Alen Halilovic are two different persons with 2 different minds. It will probably depend, how good he will be in the next 2ywars. If he's good but not good enough for Barca, then he might deny the buyback and join soneone like Dortmund instead.

While I think you are making a good points (And I've been on the same side of this discussion b4) we have been doing the sell with buyback option for 6 years now (Alberto Botía was the 1st in 2010) and we are one of the top organizations in the world of football. Same for RM who has been doing it too.
Doubt we aren't making guarantees for such cases tbf,think at worst it will be like Denis and that the player can have a room for a pay rise.

Povikas

Brandon
Subbed in on the 67th minute against Ingolstadt.
Had few dribbles, nothing much - mainly because Hamburg was quite bad retaining the ball and in organizing an attack.
Played on the right wing as normally, but occasionally roamed out of position to initiate attacks from the middle.

Home of Barca Fans