Achraf Hakimi

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It was already evident since the end of 18/19 that Carvahal is on the declining trajectory and Hakimi on the ascending one.

It's just narrow-mindedness to let him go and then use financial problems as an excuse.
If a coach that trusted and could develop youth was at the helm (call me Pochetino, Tuchel, Pep or many others) instead of Zidane, the sale would not have happened, because the coach would have vetoed it.

Not just L, but big L

One can rightly say it is a L for Real Madrid, but it all comes down to priorities I guess. They needed the money to stay afloat as much as we did and if selling him helped result in returning profit for the season and consequently they have a bigger salary cap room to maneuver, while we are struggling to renew Messi and register new signings because of the huge loss we had (97m), it is a win for them I guess. ;) :p

El Gato

Villarato!
Birdy has no clue about book balancing going on in clubs so why care what he says?

Every operation we dealt with since circa 2017 is a consequence of poor contract decisions (giving them out as reward to players who 'earned it'), trying to subvert financial competition from oil clubs who are ready to outbid teams all the time with young riskier investments and Covid. Sports judgement went out the window for Perez a while back and been seen selling good players just to let club stay profitable as sporting quality decreases. No coincidence anyone is only ever interested in younger assets these days or someone like James if he's let go for free. Then found himself in a hole once his plan is seen to bomb and prematurely booted up ESL project with shite justification. Selling Hakimi isn't an L as much as it is a natural progression. Sodall could be done about it. Could have kept him and have him be all moody on the bench while milking our coffers dry. More sensible resolution happened.

Last edited:

Birdy

There is no 'earned it' after you stop winning.
Laporta is handing 50% paycuts to all Barca legends, including the reduced Messi contract.

Has someone 'earned it' more than MEssi ever at club level? Probably no.

Whatever you do, you don't sell Hakimi.
It's like Barca selling Pedri after this season.

Birdy

Wolves paid a 30m fee for Semedo according to Transfermarkt, which is around 5 m less than what Barca paid to Benfica for him in 2017.

Almost 40 m less than what PSG will pay to Inter for Hakimi.

So no, nothing comparable

JamDav1982

Wolves paid a 30m fee for Semedo according to Transfermarkt, which is around 5 m less than what Barca paid to Benfica for him in 2017.

Almost 40 m less than what PSG will pay to Inter for Hakimi.

So no, nothing comparable

You dont even understand what was being compared so pipe down and read back before spouting off.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cinderella story, you mean ?

After years being mistreated and underpaid for his hard work and being taken advantage of, he finally met his charming prince.

Happily ever after in the Parc des Princes <3.

Mistreated and underpaid? Really? How much are you guys paying him by the way?

Newcomer

Mistreated and underpaid? Really? How much are you guys paying him by the way?

I'm just embellishing the story to fit the "cinderella story". He will be paid 8 millions plus 2 bonus (dunno how easy it is to get those bonuses).

I'm really happy, not been this happy since Neybapp? signings. Finally, we invested money in the weakest position of the team.

El Gato

Villarato!
If I have to live with the knowledge of the defense of Hakimi-Ramos-Varane-Theo playing with Mbappe and Neymar next season under Pochettino, I think I might give up football for a while.

Messi983

You think they'll buy Theo as well? There were rumours about that some time ago but haven't heard recent rumours about him.

Varane will probably go to United if :papaperez: will sell him though.

Morten

If I have to live with the knowledge of the defense of Hakimi-Ramos-Varane-Theo playing with Mbappe and Neymar next season under Pochettino, I think I might give up football for a while.

If its true that Ancelotti plans to increase training sessions, you might have to give up anyway.
As if this already old, and frail team can tolerate increased training, its not going to work.

El Gato

Villarato!
Im struggling as it is with the English on the cusp of doing a 'Liverpool'. PSG getting the defense that for all intents and purposes was, and still should be in Madrid will end me for this season. I'll just phone it in for a CL knockout (if RM even make it that far) for a bit of a laugh.

[MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]
I thought he'd agreed personal terms, but it fell through. Somehow dont think that's the end of it yet.

Newcomer

PSG aren't getting Varane. It was interest in either Ramos or Varane. Ramos being a free agent makes it all the more convenient. Being old will make this transfer better accepted by Kimpembe and our biggest prospect Bitshiabu (16 y.o. and 196 cm tall) who we hope will be the future of our defence.

There is nothing as of yet for Theo Hernandez. He said he is happy at Milan, Milan don't want to sell. Given Hakimi went for 70, they would ask similar figure which would probably price him out of PSG. Sad because we need a LB with Bernat still not being able to run (he got complications in his ACL recovery) and barely walking one year later.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
PSG aren't getting Varane. It was interest in either Ramos or Varane. Ramos being a free agent makes it all the more convenient. Being old will make this transfer better accepted by Kimpembe and our biggest prospect Bitshiabu (16 y.o. and 196 cm tall) who we hope will be the future of our defence.

I mean you could get both for 40-50M in fees (not counting Ramos signing bonus). If United hold out till end of the window I dont see why PSG wouldn't try and swoop in if Varane persists on the 'new challenge'.

Home of Barca Fans