9 - Robert Lewandowski

lucas24

This calculations dont consider the amount of matches so it makes no sense?? also dembele was more a winger and not a striker so comparing both is useless (n)
The number of played matches doesn't matter. Points gained in the Canadian classification is directly proportional to the number of played matches. As for the 2, yes the CF theoretically should have those numbers better cuz he is one and wingers 2. It would be optimal to check a few teams from this point of view and see what the average ratio is (CF vs W) and apply here.

Messigician

The number of played matches doesn't matter. Points gained in the Canadian classification is directly proportional to the number of played matches. As for the 2, yes the CF theoretically should have those numbers better cuz he is one and wingers 2. It would be optimal to check a few teams from this point of view and see what the average ratio is (CF vs W) and apply here.
Go back to Canada with this nonsense

Fati_Future_BallonDor

dude you are a special case but i would be interested to know why you have such a intense antipathy towards Lewa? :unsure:

lucas24

dude you are a special case but i would be interested to know why you have such a intense antipathy towards Lewa? :unsure:
For me weird is what you wrote about the number of games. I seriously don't understand it, explain if you can.
Player cant earn goals/assists without played games but he earns a salary every month. There is total amount of money paid for them (fee + all contract years). The cost of Dembele's 1 goal/assist will not change but Lewa can reduce it. On Wednesday he has the match he likes best maybe he will score 2 or 3 goals. I have nothing against Lewy, I always judge him objectively. If I wanted discredit him, I would give these values in relation to the Barca's budget at the time of their purchases.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

For me weird is what you wrote about the number of games. I seriously don't understand it, explain if you can.
Player cant earn goals/assists without played games but he earns a salary every month. There is total amount of money paid for them (fee + all contract years). The cost of Dembele's 1 goal/assist will not change but Lewa can reduce it. On Wednesday he has the match he likes best maybe he will score 2 or 3 goals. I have nothing against Lewy, I always judge him objectively. If I wanted discredit him, I would give these values in relation to the Barca's budget at the time of their purchases.

its not because of these states but if i look at your posts its very often about Lewa, even in not-Lewa threads :ROFLMAO:

anways lets hope he will perform well in second half of the season and be one of the leaders to the cl trophy !

Last edited:

Temptation

We can argue whether Lewandowski is the best or worst striker ever, it's always subjective opinions. Everyone pays attention to different things. I prefer a striker who scores the key goals in 3 out of 10 games rather than one who scores 5 goals in 1 game against an outsider and 0 in the next 9. To consider only goals in the CL as a criterion is an abstraction. Then we leave out strikers such as Van Basten, Batistuta or Lineker. They all were a class better than Lewa.

Is Lewadowski the most expensive Barca player in recent times? Let's check it out! Often Dembele's name is floated on the forum as the biggest misfire. Let's compare which of them 1 point costs Barca more.

Dembele
185 all official games, 40 goals, 42 assists, 82 g+a
bought 135M, sold 50M, loss 85M
salaries: 5x 12M + 1x 16M
total cost: 161M
1 point = 161M/82 = 1.96M

Lewa
66 games, 42 goals, 12 assists, 54 g+a
bought 45M, sold 0, loss 45M
salaries: 1x 20.83M + 3x 26.04M
total cost: 143.95M
1 point = 143.95M/54 = 2.67M

If Lewa will play for Barca until the end of his contract and leaves for free, he will need get 20 points (74+ total) to make 1 of his points cost less than Dembele.
All data from TM, opta, capology.com. Transfer to the Saudi Pro League or MLS will completely change this calculation. Personally I don't believe in Saudi Arabia: 1) Lewa doesn't want to go there, 2) the Sheikhs are rich but not stupid.
Could you make one for Oriol Romeu please?

lucas24

its not because of these states but if i look at your posts its very often about Lewa, even in not-Lewa threads :ROFLMAO:

anways lets hope he will perform well in second half of the season and be one of the leaders to the cl trophy !
I was seriously curious what you were trying to calculate using the number of games. If you wanted to count expected Lewa's goals/assists in 4 years you can do it in simple way: 54 / 1.5 x 4. Unfortunately this calculation does not include that his goals/assists per game is worse every month. He had a great first 3 months, if he played like that for 2-3 seasons no one would complain about him. After the World Cup he is a different, worse player. Besides, Roque will come in January and Lewandowski will play fewer minutes.

Could you make one for Oriol Romeu please?
Do you want to count goals and assists for a defensive midfielder? This explains everything. (y)

Etoshow

Lewa is a poacher, a fox in the box. He's the best in the world in that role but he needs good teammates to feed him balls and the team to play well. Once it's the case, he'll score as in his 3 first months. Don't hope he will become something else.

Andresito

Staff member
Lewa is a poacher, a fox in the box. He's the best in the world in that role but he needs good teammates to feed him balls and the team to play well. Once it's the case, he'll score as in his 3 first months. Don't hope he will become something else.
How many more chances does he need? 13 big chances missed in La Liga, underperforming xG by almost 3.

Bellingham overperforming his xG by 6 btw.

Etoshow

How many more chances does he need? 13 big chances missed in La Liga, underperforming xG by almost 3.

Bellingham overperforming his xG by 6 btw.
Just wait a few times , there is always a time in a season every player isn't good. He works hard, his time will come and you have to understand it has never been easy for strikers to perform in this club. There is no striker who doesn't miss sitters, at the end we'll know what he gave to us but for right now we have to encourage him. And I say it without being a Lewa's fan. He isn't that bad.

Home of Barca Fans