9 - Robert Lewandowski

Windhook

He's not winning this award, despite Bayern backing him up. France Football have the same jounalists by countries voting year after year. Just like Batistuta never won the award, despite he was the best striker in the world near the end of 90's.

El Gato

Villarato!
Absolutely no chance next year, if they extend voting to include world cup.

Why not
The only other candidate I can realistically see mounting a resounding campaign that'd eliminate him is probably Van Dijk.
Don't trust Mbappe and France far as I can throw them
Nor Argentina or Brazil
England would have to be Kane or Sterling, unless Grealish explodes
If no star performer during WC then Lewa is as good as anyone else participating and club performance will be decider

If Lewa stays consistent in Bundesliga, they improve squad for Nagelsmann and challenge Prem sides for CL I see no reason he'd not be in contention

He's not winning this award, despite Bayern backing him up. France Football have the same jounalists by countries voting year after year. Just like Batistuta never won the award, despite he was the best striker in the world near the end of 90's.

The journalists are same as in 2019 when Messi beat VVD by 7 votes.
Now Messi got like 610 and Lewa about 588 based on info from talk shows and some voters who attended the gala

Lewa is well respected and shouldnt be a problem depending who mounts challenge in coming year

Last edited:

Morten

Why not
The only other candidate I can realistically see mounting a resounding campaign that'd eliminate him is probably Van Dijk.
Nor Argentina or Brazil

If Lewa stays consistent in Bundesliga, they improve squad for Nagelsmann and challenge Prem sides for CL I see no reason he'd not be in contention

If WC is included, it will overshadow everything.

Even if Bayern wins CL, France or Argentina in the final is all it takes to have a new favorite(Mbappe, Messi).

Only if teams without an obvious star player(Spain, Italy etc) gets to the final can he take it imo.

El Gato

Villarato!
If WC is included, it will overshadow everything.

Even if Bayern wins CL, France or Argentina in the final is all it takes to have a new favorite(Mbappe, Messi).

Only if teams without an obvious star player(Spain, Italy etc) gets to the final can he take it imo.

Doesnt have to. Depends who goes far and as you see yourself international landscape is rather erratic and seems quite even RN
Will depend who is the star performer and if all normal contenders come out relatively same stages, shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

Windhook

Why not
Nor Argentina or Brazil

By now Lewa knows Bundesliga achievements count for zero, no wonder Haaland already wants out of Dortmund as he is the transfer candy of half of transfer market. At age of 32 it's now or never, Lewa will not go down in history as the greatest CF, no matter how great striker he is.

Morten

By now Lewa knows Bundesliga achievements count for zero, no wonder Haaland already wants out of Dortmund as he is the transfer candy of half of transfer market. At age of 32 it's now or never, Lewa will not go down in history as the greatest CF, no matter how great striker he is.

Yeah, just ask Muller, who is about to have most assists in a calendar year or something, but he may as well not exist according to France Football.

Bundesliga gets you no where.

khaled_a_d

Lewa is 33 actually. Born August 1988.
Next year is likely his last chance, and he needs a NT that has no star to win the WC , so not Brazil/Agentina/France/England as Neymar/Messi/Mpabbe/Kane will win it with huge hype + recency bias in their side.\
If Spain or Italy wins it, he will stand a chance with a CL trophy

Horatio

You're welcome

But he will have the honor of having been the one responsible for the invention of best striker award or whatever its name is.

El Gato

Villarato!

And nobody thinks he will either
In Poland also say the same and regret he didn't leave earlier

Pretty sure there was even talk he was going to leave Bundesliga this summer too, no? At least recall some claims saying he respected the Bayern board wishes for him to fulfill contract through pandemic.

Either way Bundesliga clout doesn't matter for it as much as you see anymore.
He came as a strong 2nd despite team having a shit Euro on the back of only club season and that's with them going out in the CL.

Should be fine to return next year if stays fit

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern really has to win the CL for Lewa to have a slight chance at all, and for all the other stars to fail or be very bland during the WC and the CL. All the stars have to align for him to win the 2022 BD.

malvolio

Not really all count for zero. Just the ones with Bayern.

Aubameyang beat Lewandowski for top goalscorer in 2017 for example.

"Robert Lewandowski Angry with Teammates over Losing Bundesliga Top Scorer Crown" https://syndication.bleacherreport....r-losing-bundesliga-top-scorer-crown.amp.html

And the pole was just as bitter back then as he is now. So fuck him and his goals scored with Bayern.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
And nobody thinks he will either
In Poland also say the same and regret he didn't leave earlier

Pretty sure there was even talk he was going to leave Bundesliga this summer too, no? At least recall some claims saying he respected the Bayern board wishes for him to fulfill contract through pandemic.

Either way Bundesliga clout doesn't matter for it as much as you see anymore.
He came as a strong 2nd despite team having a shit Euro on the back of only club season and that's with them going out in the CL.

Should be fine to return next year if stays fit

Rumor has it that he always wanted to join you guys but Bayern wouldn't let him go. Next summer could be his last chance to leave Bayern, if he can fetch good money for Bayern to buy Haaland, but you guys won't need him and I don't see any other teams bidding high for him either.

It is next year or nothing.

Home of Barca Fans