9 - Robert Lewandowski

Let's not kid ourselves, the yellow was a calculated and self iinflicted act. From a perfect sportsmanship angle, it ought NOT to have happened...but I do agree 100% that thinking like that is nothing else but sheer lunacy. Especially, that every other team does the same...I mean, was there even a precedence that someone who had purposefully inflicted the fifth yellow on himself, was suspended for more than one game?

However, what @Temptation was saying, appears not so unlikely....

this is what I found:

"La Liga rules state that any player who is found to have intentionally got themselves booked to manipulate a suspension will be issued with a fine and an extra game on the sidelines. Should Lewandowski or Cancelo be found guilty of doing so, they would be banned for El Clasico on April 21."
- https://www.90min.com/posts/barcelo...el-clasico-suspension-yellow-card-controversy

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

After the Raphinha cancelled goal debacle, if they somehow twist the rules again in Madrid favour and ban Cancelo and Lewa, I would just prefer if Barca took a stand and withdrew from the game.

Madrid is always pushed to titles, but this season has been on a completely different level, even by their standards. It's clear the authorities won't let Barca win anyway, so why not take a stand ?

From the Almeria game, to La Liga committee members hiding their love for Madrid on Twitter whilst making decisions that hurt Barca and help Madrid, to scoring offside and handball goals in the VAR era, every few weeks there seems to be some obscure role twisted in favour of Madrid and against Barca.

The Venezuelan league is less rigged. Pull out of the game and fuck the league off. Some things are more important.

Blanco

After the Raphinha cancelled goal debacle, if they somehow twist the rules again in Madrid favour and ban Cancelo and Lewa, I would just prefer if Barca took a stand and withdrew from the game.

Madrid is always pushed to titles, but this season has been on a completely different level, even by their standards. It's clear the authorities won't let Barca win anyway, so why not take a stand ?

From the Almeria game, to La Liga committee members hiding their love for Madrid on Twitter whilst making decisions that hurt Barca and help Madrid, to scoring offside and handball goals in the VAR era, every few weeks there seems to be some obscure role twisted in favour of Madrid and against Barca.

The Venezuelan league is less rigged. Pull out of the game and fuck the league off. Some things are more important.
In our match against Bilbao there was bigger offside mistake against us, but nobody is crying. Also in your game against Villareal there was the first ever disallowed goal for offside when a player is dribbling. Not to mention our game in Valencia and what happened after it. Yes, there was mistake in our favour against Almeria, but talking about rigged league, because Lewa could be suspended for a thing that he actually did and deserves suspension is laughable. Cancelo should not be suspended. Anyway, i want them both to be available in the Classico, because they are your best players (with Gundo and Araujo) and I want our team to show you again that we are way better, without excuses.

jamrock

In our match against Bilbao there was bigger offside mistake against us, but nobody is crying. Also in your game against Villareal there was the first ever disallowed goal for offside when a player is dribbling. Not to mention our game in Valencia and what happened after it. Yes, there was mistake in our favour against Almeria, but talking about rigged league, because Lewa could be suspended for a thing that he actually did and deserves suspension is laughable. Cancelo should not be suspended. Anyway, i want them both to be available in the Classico, because they are your best players (with Gundo and Araujo) and I want our team to show you again that we are way better, without excuses.
Mr delulu

Irregardless. Karma's bitch...
Let's hope someone scores against Cadiz too.
I personally don't condone the slightest - off the pitch - manipulative tactics in sports.

Having said that, these n-th yellow/red card suspension rules, I do find dumb and ineffective in accomplishing anything. How about one match or more suspension punishment for an eggregious red card instead? The simpler, the better...

wisconsincule

N
No one cares

Home of Barca Fans