9 - Robert Lewandowski

KingLeo10

How is it so hard to differentiate current Lewandowski from prime Lewandowski?

Is 12 goals in 23 games really acceptable for a player like Lewandowski? Standards should be higher. And it's due to those standards that most Barca fans think Lewy's performances aren't good enough.
Much of the vitriol also stems from the fact that we were sold this notion (by his fanboys) of a fitness freak who would defy age due to 'unreal conditioning'. Reality is, he's no different than every other player who's been 35 - a shell of his absolute best. It's just that for players like Messi and CR7, the absolute best was so high, that the fall to their level at 34-35 was still good to very good.

Lewa at 35 is actually on par or even performing better than most strikers were at 34-35, even the elite ones like Suarez, Benzema, Aguero, Cavani, RVP etc. It's just that he wasn't on a supernatural level (i.e., Messi level) to begin with, that the fall with age has made the player appear a donkey at times on the pitch. The part I'm most disappointed about is how easily he gets pushed around by run of the mill CBs - he either lacks natural strength compared to the physique he shows or he is prone to falling down easily.

Tookien

The part I'm most disappointed about is how easily he gets pushed around by run of the mill CBs - he either lacks natural strength compared to the physique he shows or he is prone to falling down easily.

Fair enough.

Could be that he wants to draw the foul. La Liga refs seem to ignore a lot of fouls committed on him. I'm not the only one who says that

KingLeo10

I think his stint at Barca will be remembered favorably/more favorably if he has a memorable CL KO performance or two. This club has been missing those for years - last one was Messi versus Pool all the way back in 2019.

Kul_z

Nice goal. Only player that showed hunger and really tried to shake things up. Suprisingly good in link up. Lets hope he continues, we need him

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Maybe he's not completely washed up yet?

He did say recently that his physical test results are great and he can play at the highest level for 4 more years.

Would keep him for next season but 4 years would be crazy! :lol: I think Lewa with a second striker would be even better as he would get more freedom, most of the time Lewa stands alone in the front and we make a long ball to him but he is followed by 3 defenders :coffee:

Andresito

Staff member
He did say recently that his physical test results are great and he can play at the highest level for 4 more years.
:lol: And you believe that? Football is so much more than physique.

He has been improving lately though. Some good goals when team needs it.

Home of Barca Fans