9 - Robert Lewandowski

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Barcelona are going to have fun in Europa League.

Have fun watching that.

Will probably end up there if Lewandowski keep starting. Luckily though chances are that he'll get benched just in time to secure a Champions League qualification and his ticket to Riyadh.

Hope they broadcast the Saudi Pro League in Polska.

Sorin

Apparently, if you don’t pass it for a tap in he can’t score to save his life. What a superstar 🤩

Tookien

Will probably end up there if Lewandowski keep starting. Luckily though chances are that he'll get benched just in time to secure a Champions League qualification and his ticket to Riyadh.

Hope they broadcast the Saudi Pro League in Polska.

I don't personally care where he goes.

I'm just interested how Barcelona have managed to squander his potential.

Has Xavi taught any of the players how to even make a good cross?

I bet Lewandowski would have bagged 3 goals against Barcelona today if he played for Las Palmos.

Andresito

Staff member

I bet Lewandowski would have bagged 3 goals against Barcelona today if he played for Las Palmos.
Dude the guy is 35. What do you expect? It's only natural to decline. Hardest part is accepting the truth.

DonAK

We didn't squander his potential.

We signed a striker who's washed up. His first 4-6 months were good, but as soon as he returned after the World Cup his form started dipping.
Probably lost some motivation too after the World Cup exit and enjoyng the fantastic lifestyle in Barcelona.

You people need to realize that it's extremely rare that elite players or athletes play at a high level until their mid 30s or late 30s.

Guys like Messi and Ronaldo are exceptions to the rule.

DonAK

It doesn't matter how fit you are or how your physique looks. Your body cannot catch up to what you want to do mentally as an athlete when you start declining.

Lewandowski hasn't turned into an idiot. He knows what he want to do, his instincts are there, but he's gotten clumsy, struggles to get into the right positions because he has slowed up, cannot physically do what he wants to do.

It's literally the same in every sport. Only very few, rare athletes in any sport manage to play well into their 30s, 40s.

No hate, just the natural order of things. Making up a million excuses doesn't change that fact.

Not everyone have pace in F1 as Lewis Hamilton or Fernando Alonso, most start declining earlier like Vettel did. Not everyone can play into their 40s like Brady did. Brees, Rivers were washed up when they got to or close to 40. Rodgers we'll see.

Not everyone can be Nadal, Djokovic or Federer. Most will win their last major early 30s like Sampras or late 20s like Borg.

Last edited:

Tookien

Apparently, if you don’t pass it for a tap in he can’t score to save his life. What a superstar 🤩

That's dumb. Who said anything about a tap in?

Barcelona can't create any space. They are not able to draw any defenders. They tip tap the ball around pointlessly most of the time, moving up slowly and predictably and leaving Lewy man marked by 2-3 players, as well as everyone else.

Lewy is constantly making those runs on the lines trying to break away from the defenders and nobody wants to make the pass.

Balde looks like a great player to me but his final pass / cross is atrocious.

I'm almost certain that if Lewy played for Los Palmos he would have bagged at least three goals today.

Home of Barca Fans