9 - Robert Lewandowski

Morten

At least we don’t get Kane

Spend 100m on a 30 year old striker just to lose 5-0 to German farmers and the league to a team with a quarter of their budget

Bayern is one point behind Neverkusen if they win their game in hand.

So Bayern losing the league? I will believe it when I see it.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

At least we don’t get Kane

Spend 100m on a 30 year old striker just to lose 5-0 to German farmers and the league to a team with a quarter of their budget

Frankfurt is a good team but yeah Kane is not a longterm solution, best would have been a young striker who already proved his class in europe like Lautaro, Alvarez, Thuram or an Osimhen who is probably unhappy with Napoli's performances this season but this guy extended his contract until 2026

FinBarcelonafan

Curious how he will deal competition with Roque.

My guess: not well. I just don't see him as a mentoring type. Sure he tried that at the beginning with Barca, but in the end maybe a bit too self obsessed for that.

Neeraj

His goals earned you 10 points this season, Not playing good, but still more important than 90% of your players.
Such a fallacy this kind of argument. He's the LONE striker that basically plays EVERY minute for us. So any goals we do end up scoring will obviously come through him. The fact that his goals have earned us only 10 points this season is a point against, and not for him as you probably think it is.

Porque

He's added a few more to this list.

Watch it and keep crying like a little bitch just because the player you probably want to fuck given how much you cry when he is criticized is playing like a mediocre striker.

We didn't pay 50m, sign him to one of the highest paying salaries in Spain for him to perform like Joselu

:xavi: Joan look at this stat. We must sign Morata. The only way to miss big chances is to get in position to take that chance

behindbrowneyes

Curious how he will deal competition with Roque.
What competition?

Knowing Xavi, he will shoe-horn Roque in a Fati-kinda left striker role rather than benching Lewa. Might even suit him tbh. Lewa will still play pretty much every minute. If there is one who needs to fear competition, it is Felix.

Tbh, what I wrote above was meant slightly sarcastic, but after reading it again and adding "Might even suit him tbh" I expect exactly that to happen. Barca lack firepower in the final third and Roque should provide that over Felix. The Portuguese has the worst output out of him, Lewa and Raphinha in La Liga and isn't a hard worker of the ball either.

serghei

What competition?

Knowing Xavi, he will shoe-horn Roque in a Fati-kinda left striker role rather than benching Lewa. Might even suit him tbh. Lewa will still play pretty much every minute. If there is one who needs to fear competition, it is Felix.

Felix should be. He plays one top game for every 3 shite ones. Ferret deserves some extra minutes too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The RW in Xavi's current system stays out wider for width, the LW roams more inside as a creative outlet.

Don't see Roque fitting in well in either role unless Xavi tweaks it. I think it should be striker and a good manager should not care about a player's reputation or salary.

If Lewandowski cannot perform up to the standards expected for him he need to lose playing time.

serghei

The RW in Xavi's current system stays out wider for width, the LW roams more inside as a creative outlet.

Don't see Roque fitting in well in either role unless Xavi tweaks it. I think it should be striker and a good manager should not care about a player's reputation or salary.

If Lewandowski cannot perform up to the standards expected for him he need to lose playing time.

No manager would keep playing Lewa if Roque comes in and starts scoring. The only problem is that Roque needs to deliver.

Home of Barca Fans