9 - Robert Lewandowski

Messi983

I think his overall play in last two games was better but can't score at the moment. Hopefully can turn this around because like it or not he's here to stay for at least the next 18 months.

Good assist too.

Asylum15

He's absolutely awful and nowhere good enough to lead our line.
However, there are about 10 players in this squad who don't deserve to wear the shirt.

Messigician

Exactly it's just delusion to think we wouldn't get 100m for him

It's just trolling to say a club would only pay 60m for him when some of the most inflated

lucas24

He needs to get confidence back to restart scoring goals. His overall play wasn't bad but he should do better.
If you don't score against Almeira in a home game, when is he supposed to break through? Last season vs 2 bottom teams he scored 6 goals. It's not only matches, reportedly Lewa looks very bad even on training. Age has knocked him out.

Sorin

A lot of words and excuses for a player who is simply finished. Father time is undefeated and he has reached that point for about a year now.

Messi983

A lot of words and excuses for a player who is simply finished. Father time is undefeated and he has reached that point for about a year now.

No excuses from me, I try to stay level-headed and realistic and say how I see it.

He got his more than deserved share of criticism over the last year so it's also fair to point out when he does something well. I think his overall game in 1st half vs Valencia and 2nd half yesterday was good. Not great or what should be expected from a Barca's main striker but good enough.

His finishing was obviously still shit. He's paid to score and when he doesn't do that he's not doing his main job. But some other aspects of his play in last two games were an improvement over what he has shown previously. I'll take him getting into scoring chances and not taking them over being invisible or killing off most attacks like most of the times this season.

How much of that is down to the opponents it's another question but while Almeria is clearly one of the worst teams in La Liga history Valencia at Mestalla is never an easy opponent and Lewa did better there than in other games against similar level or worse opponents. At least in 1st half. But should have been subbed out for Guiu midway through the 2nd half as I've said before.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Has any non-German player that left Bayern looked good after 6-8 months? Looks like its some special german blend they get given there

Toni Kroos? :thinking:

Im sorry dude but this makes no sense, you dont leave a top3 club (barca, real,bayern) when you are in your prime usually, thats why they are worse after leaving the topclub

Sorin

No excuses from me, I try to stay level-headed and realistic and say how I see it.

He got his more than deserved share of criticism over the last year so it's also fair to point out when he does something well. I think his overall game in 1st half vs Valencia and 2nd half yesterday was good. Not great or what should be expected from a Barca's main striker but good enough.

His finishing was obviously still shit. He's paid to score and when he doesn't do that he's not doing his main job. But some other aspects of his play in last two games were an improvement over what he has shown previously. I'll take him getting into scoring chances and not taking them over being invisible or killing off most attacks like most of the times this season.

How much of that is down to the opponents it's another question but while Almeria is clearly one of the worst teams in La Liga history Valencia at Mestalla is never an easy opponent and Lewa did better there than in other games against similar level or worse opponents. At least in 1st half. But should have been subbed out for Guiu midway through the 2nd half as I've said before.
I noticed that his overall play was better in the last two games, that’s true, but it came against Valencia/Almeria. While Valencia away may be harder, it’s still not the Valencia of a few years ago.

One play from yesterday that encapsulates Lewandoswki’s level lately is the one where, after good pressure from Rafinha on the right, their left back squares it right in the middle of their box to Lewy, who, instead of shooting first time like every striker worth his salt, takes 2 touches to dribble the CB, giving ample time to the keeper to save his shot.

Simply not good enough.

Home of Barca Fans