9 - Robert Lewandowski

fergus90

I do agree with DonAK in that I think him trying a new league and culture is enough for him at 34, especially when he isn't missing a league or CL medal from his honours.

This is the risk you take with a 34 year old too, that it can be a sudden drop off in physical capabilities and you know it's something that is impossible to recover from.

Ultimately Bayern themselves were aware he was getting on, which is why they were in the hunt for Haaland which started the whole transfer saga originally.

I expect when Dembele returns he will be amongst the goals again though.

JamDav1982

Bayern got deal of the century from Barca board getting 50m for a 34 year old Lewa with one year left.

Barca panicked and went too much into this idea of instant success.

Same old Barca issues.

Deco

Culé since 2005
I do agree with DonAK in that I think him trying a new league and culture is enough for him at 34, especially when he isn't missing a league or CL medal from his honours.

This is the risk you take with a 34 year old too, that it can be a sudden drop off in physical capabilities and you know it's something that is impossible to recover from.

Ultimately Bayern themselves were aware he was getting on, which is why they were in the hunt for Haaland which started the whole transfer saga originally.

I expect when Dembele returns he will be amongst the goals again though.

Buying Haaland for the same money, but no -> Lewa

Givenchy

Bayern got deal of the century from Barca board getting 50m for a 34 year old Lewa with one year left.

Barca panicked and went too much into this idea of instant success.

Same old Barca issues.

Can't wait for the summer where we re-sign Messi on huge wages and get to watch the 2 pensioners kick the ball around in retirement mode.

JamDav1982

Can't wait for the summer where we re-sign Messi on huge wages and get to watch the 2 pensioners kick the ball around in retirement mode.

Add Busi to midfield behind them as will play near enough every game.

Watch as Pedri/FDJ/Gavi.. whoever it is are all asked to tailor their game to play with so many old legs then get blame when team dont win.

Barcilliant

Retirement club.

What else can you say?

Messi would be the cherry.

We really need to stop this. We are a big, professional club. Not some amateur, retirement paradise.

Etoshow

I didn't forget his form from the begining of the season, so I still trust in him. Those who compare him to Benzema are forgeting he's playing his 1st season in La Liga, but he still is the pichichi and Barcelona the champion.
And it's not fair to compare him to Suarez when we know the team El pistolero had behind him. Suarez wasn't always that good for the time he played for the club. I'm not saying Lewa is better but just try to make a fair analysis of the situation.

Raketa10

I always thought that we will get only one good season from him. Unfortunately it looks like we got only half of the season. Next year he will be even worse. Another disastrous long term contract....

damn

I can't see Lewandowski playing with Messi and Barca being a serious CL contender. It'll maybe be enough for the league but that's about it.

There's a very clear indicator as to what makes a Messi team work, and that's a pressing unit and especially a pressing striker. You can't go into important CL ties these days with an uneven press and gaps between the attack and midfield.

Lewandowski was pressing well at the start of the season, but you can tell his legs are dead when we're approaching the ending of the season. It will be like 2019/2020 with Suarez all over again.

FC B

Some of our worst fears regarding his signing showed up and there is little to no chance he'll get back to his previous CM form the next season. Yet another shit transfer sporting and financially wise.
Personally never wanted him here because of his age/transfer fee ratio and fuck, all of us who said he's too old for this were true.

Givenchy

Can?t wait to see messi return & you & the rest of trolls cry so hard ������

Another Messi > Barca 'fan'

Yeah can't wait for him to walk around not giving a shit whilst we sell players to accommodate his huge wages. Messi and Lewa up front playing Xaviball will send tremors of fear across Europe's elite that's for sure.

Home of Barca Fans