9 - Robert Lewandowski

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, not well thought-out. Should have let him serve the suspension against Espanyol at home and not risk more important games.

But since Spain is such a Madrid country so any outcome is not not surprising.

Messi983

Can he do his supension in the Arabian Supercup?

Don't think so. As far as I understand the rules (but could be wrong) suspensions can only be transformed between different competitions (from league to Copa or the other way) if you receive a direct red card. He'll be suspended for at least one game anyway for getting two yellows.

Imagine if it's reduced to one game so instead of missing Espanyol he misses Atletico :lol:

IMO, should have gone through with the appeal as they did, but not ask for the suspension to be suspended pending outcome. Should have let him miss the Espanyol game either way and hope it got reduced so he would be available vs. Atleti.

Could be the case although still think he'll probably get two games suspension even if we succeed with the appeal.

You're right we should just let him miss the Espanyol game but OTOH I don't think it would be an easy game to win without him. Won't be even with him playing but Lewa clearly gives us better chances to win. Pericos take their two games against Barca every season as their CL final.

Might sound strange but I think we actually need him more to get 3 points today (which is a must win to start second half of the season well, I have no idea what team we'll see though) than to get a point vs Atletico which I'd be happy with regardless if Lewy plays or not. It's always tough to play against these butches especially in Madrid. Even when we had better teams we usually struggled to win there and it usually happened with some Messi magic. He's not here anymore so I would gladly take a boring 0-0 draw next week. Defense has been good in La Liga and it's not like Atleti score a lot.

KingLeo10

Disasterclass when the team needs him to deliver

Usual stuff. He's a fair weather player, who is world class when team around him is clicking. He won't drag a team on his own, no matter how much his fanboys scream otherwise.

:lol:

Usual stuff. He's a fair weather player, who is world class when team around him is clicking. He won't drag a team on his own, no matter how much his fanboys scream otherwise.

It was exactly that kind of matches that he scored in for Bayern... Home games against any type of opposition. Problems away in Frankfurt and Leverkusen or when we played a 4-3-3.

mc_lovin

He's a (slightly better) carbon copy of Ibra (minus that fluke Covid CL).

Same flaws.

fergus90

Bayern fans used to bemoan his finishing in CL games they should have won if he finished his chances. He was also fed numerous times a game there, he doesn't get that same luxury now.

Home of Barca Fans