9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

> Bases his entire argument on a sample space of 1 or 2 games.

> Has an issue when someone does the same but for another player.

Keep the same energy pal.

Overall career is where RL9 dwarfs Eto'o and it's not particularly close. Suarez is also clear of him. As is Henry.

ajnotkeith

> Bases his entire argument on a sample space of 1 or 2 games.

> Has an issue when someone does the same but for another player.

Keep the same energy pal.

Overall career is where RL9 dwarfs Eto'o and it's not particularly close. Suarez is also clear of him. As is Henry.

You can surely say that Lewa has a better CL record than Eto, but at the same time you are being dishonest and obtuse by trying to say the importance of goals don't matter.

Ask any fan if they would prefer their team's striker to score 10 goals across 2 games with Viktoria Plzen or 1 goal in the final against RM, for example. Is anyone saying the former except fanboys?

Temptation

You can surely say that Lewa has a better CL record than Eto, but at the same time you are being dishonest and obtuse by trying to say the importance of goals don't matter.

Ask any fan if they would prefer their striker to score 10 goals across 2 games with Viktoria Plzen or 1 goal in the final against RM, for example. Is anyone saying the former except fanboys?

Except Lewandowski has one of the best CL knockout records ever and has scored against almost every big club

What does this have to do with V. plzen?

jamrock

Can you imagine we live in a world where someone who in all seriousness said lewa is perhaps the 4th best striker ever, listing the likes of gerd, Ronaldo, Van basten.

3 players who have all showed up when it matters the most, on the same list as a player that throughout his ENTIRE career, at 34 years of age, scoring 400+ goals or whatever the number is and quite LITERALLY not 1 of those goals game in a game,where all the pressure was on, where you desperate the men from the boys.

Is that what we are doing now?, Kids say the darndest things fr.

I'll re-engage this topic when he at least scores 1, just one.

ajnotkeith

Except Lewandowski has one of the best CL knockout records ever and has scored against almost every big club

What does this have to do with V. plzen?

I can't say I am near as well acquainted with his scoring record as you but at a glance it seems that most of his CL goals came in thrashings and against inferior teams. Which as you said is fine, most of the teams Bayern plays are gonna be worse anyhow and you still need to win those games, but those goals don't carry very much weight to the overall result/team achievements.

Just used Plzen as an hypothetical, to illustrate that large amounts of goals against weak teams pale in importance vs CL final goals.

If you have numbers/teams on his knockout goals please post, would be interested to see them.

Temptation

Apparently Lewandowski has never scored match winning or decisive goal ever.

All his career goals are "useless" now

This moron should stick to the NBA:lol:

Temptation

I can't say I am near as well acquainted with his scoring record as you but at a glance it seems that most of his CL goals came in thrashings and against inferior teams. Which as you said is fine, most of the teams Bayern plays are gonna be worse anyhow and you still need to win those games, but those goals don't carry very much weight to the overall result/team achievements.

Just used Plzen as an hypothetical, to illustrate that large amounts of goals against weak teams pale in importance vs CL final goals.

If you have numbers/teams on his knockout goals please post, would be interested to see them.

You're using a very small sample space. That's the issue.

Yeah Lewy played 2 finals in CL and didn't score in them. But that's very very small window and rare. He still might. His career isn't finished.

But he has scored many goals in round of 16, quarters and semis and in other Cup finals.

Blackened

Statistics are overrated. The eye factor doesnt lie. Suarez had a rawness and natural-talent in his game that Lewy simply doesnt have. People here have so short memories. Suarez started to decline drastically after 2016. His prime was about 5-6 years. However, during that time for Liverpool, Barca as well as for Uruguay he did stuff that Plzenman aka Lewy could only dream of.

Temptation

Statistics are overrated. The eye factor doesnt lie. Suarez had a rawness and natural-talent in his game that Lewy simply doesnt have. People here have so short memories. Suarez started to decline drastically after 2016. His prime was about 5-6 years. However, during that time for Liverpool, Barca as well as for Uruguay he did stuff that Plzenman aka Lewy could only dream of.

Still waiting for your take on Lewy at Barca so far after your radio silence on it. :lol:

And like I said, Suarez clear of Eto'o.

Mandzukic must be high up in the GOAT strikers list then. Always shows up in finals.

Levels to this logic :lol:

Mandzu actually is high in my goat strikers list since 2013. Great teamworker who does not have the big ego of the usual striker - atleast not on the pitch - but always wants to play. Clear not the best striker individually - but his value for the team for sure is not worse than of the usual strikers that hunt for records.

Home of Barca Fans