9 - Robert Lewandowski

Porque

Barcelona's first official offer for Robert Lewandowski was ?32m. Bayern want around ?40m [
@altobelli13
@cfbayern
]

The question begins to be. For 40m + wages, what alternatives are there?

Not directed at you directly, but a general question regarding the quote.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The question begins to be. For 40m + wages, what alternatives are there?

Not directed at you directly, but a general question regarding the quote.

In my opinion, there aren't many alternatives, however I'd argue that we should just save the money and spend it on other positions that we badly need reinforcement on and let our current attacking lineup try it for one more season. It is not like with or without Lewandowski it will seriously change our trophy outcome next season anyways.

This club, under both Bartomeu and Laporta, is obsessed with spending big and chasing after old players just to win a trophy here and there, instead of investing on younger and future promising players. We should do more deals like Pedri and Araujo and less Lewandowski and Marcos Alsonso etc.

We all need some patience. We are not competing for major silverware in a while. Shouldn't be look for quick hits and should plan for long term rebuild instead.

Porque

In my opinion, there aren't many alternatives, however I'd argue that we should just save the money and spend it on other positions that we badly need reinforcement on and let our current attacking lineup try it for one more season. It is not like with or without Lewandowski it will seriously change our trophy outcome next season anyways.

This club, under both Bartomeu and Laporta, is obsessed with spending big and chasing after old players just to win a trophy here and there, instead of investing on younger and future promising players. We should do more deals like Pedri and Araujo and less Lewandowski and Marcos Alsonso etc.

We all need some patience. We are not competing for major silverware in a while. Shouldn't be look for quick hits and should plan for long term rebuild instead.

I think in support of your view is AC Milan. When they hit the financial crisis post Berlusconi they tried to stay competitive with post prime free signings and continued to fall out of relevancy.

But it took time, and a change of direction in recent years by investing in high potential bets looks set to take them to Serie A this season.

It wasn't easy, and needs alot of planning and hard work together with a trusted manager over a few years. But that's the route we need to look to go. And it can work in leagues like Spain and Italy compared to EPL where everyone has big money.

Even Madrid, have reached the CL this season and won the league with high potential bets (Vini, Rodrygo, Camavinga, perhaps Fede) along with prime age expiring players (Alaba, next year Rudiger).

To be honest, we got the second one with Kessie and Christensen. Just need to look at those high potential players for the other positions and not the Azpi's, Alonso's and Tony Tucker's.

xXKonan

If you get Lewandowski and he does his usual thing, the league is wide open next season, i think.
We'll see what happens.

While I think Lewi could help a lot, but we still will have a number of boat anchors in this team that will still be here and even starting and some of the other rumors we've seen this summer, christ.

Andresito

Staff member
Morata can be ok for 5-10m. What I don't like are the rumours of a swap between him and Griezmann which'll make us lose out on those 40m.

Home of Barca Fans