7 - Ferran Torres

Mateka

Outside of England, yes it will probably take a generation, within England and within the Manchester area, sure there should be plenty.

I would disagree on generation. Surely with that number of overseas professional football clubs in the City group , that within all of them there are children and youth players whose dream is to play for City. That dream they have today not in a generations time. I accept that there are still those within that group who want to play for another overseas club.

Mateka

I would have some sympathy for Mateka if all of his posts here didn't include an undercurrent of English/EPL "superiority" and City "dominance".

And then when I point out that Spanish sides are 25-0 or 25-1 against English sides in finals since 2000 or whatever, he completely ignores it to instead thump his chest over Barcelona and AM's recent CL showings :lol:

I would be pleased for you to show my posts where I allegedly ‘ thump his chest over Barcelona and AM's recent CL showings ’.

KingLeo10

I would disagree on generation. Surely with that number of overseas professional football clubs in the City group , that within all of them there are children and youth players whose dream is to play for City. That dream they have today not in a generations time. I accept that there are still those within that group who want to play for another overseas club.

You're stuck over semantics. Implicit to this conversation is that the players dreaming to play for such club have the potential and talent to carry said club to heights. A Brazilian like Neymar or Ronaldo wanting to play for one of Barcelona or Real Madrid for example. Class of 92 for United. La Masia for Barcelona. Literally any talented German with Bayern Munich etc etc.

If your dreamers are coming from Shanghai or Australia, we won't have to worry about you posting here in a couple years time :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

No, once again those kids currently in those cities and places where the CFG has a club, or even those currently in those clubs' academies don’t necessarily aspire to play for City. Why would they?

I don't know if CFG has its own football academies like Barca and many other clubs do. Even those kids enrolled in Barca academies around the world don't necessarily want to play for us one day, some do and that's why they chose our academies, others probably chose ours because of either our brand name or out of convenience (the only foreign and European club academy in town etc.), let alone kids who have no business with CFG and City in the first place and only got to know them because their clubs were bought out by the CFG. Affinity doesn't develop automatically through business affiliation.

Mateka

No, once again those kids currently in those cities and places where the CFG has a club, or even those currently in those clubs' academies don’t necessarily aspire to play for City. Why would they?

I don't know if CFG has its own football academies like Barca and many other clubs do. Even those kids enrolled in Barca academies around the world don't necessarily want to play for us one day, some do and that's why they chose our academies, others probably chose ours because of either our brand name or out of convenience (the only foreign and European club academy in town etc.), let alone kids who have no business with CFG and City in the first place and only got to know them because their clubs were bought out by the CFG. Affinity doesn't develop automatically through business affiliation.

I think some would want to play for the parent club. Whether they become good enough, is not my point, but there are those whose dream is to graduate through the system. There may be more kids/ youths at that club who want to play elsewhere, fine.

I agree affinity doesn’t automatically develop through business affiliation. But also for some it will.

Have a good evening.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think some would want to play for the parent club. Whether they become good enough, is not my point, but there are those whose dream is to graduate through the system. There may be more kids/ youths at that club who want to play elsewhere, fine.

I agree affinity doesn’t automatically develop through business affiliation. But also for some it will.

Have a good evening.

If I'd take a guess, CFG to those kids is more like a company than a club. It is like the company you work for is bought out by a multinational, you might or might not want to go work for that parent company one day. Also, in City's case, there is no evidence so far suggesting that players from affiliated clubs get their chances to play for City, not to my knowledge. I think City is just another club (certainly the biggest and the flagship club) within CFG, CFG bought those clubs all over the world not to make them incubators for City but to expand their business footprint and influence, that's what I think. To me these clubs are really some siloed entities with little connection between one another.

You too have a good night.

Barcilliant

LOL so far ferran torres is far away from being a generational talent.

It doesn't matter. Are Mane, Firminho, Mahrez generational talents? No, they are very good professionals who are talented, hard working and fit well into a system. That's what we need now.
Torres for 50 million is worth it. If we can get Ziyech on loan Ansu, Torres and Ziyech would be a good attack.

Mateka

What is even your point? Your command of English for an alleged Englishman is abysmal. Highly doubt your purported location and age.

Since when did you become the school teacher for the English language? Since when did all posts have to be grammatically corrected by you? Since when does somebody’s statement of age have to be verified by you? Since when did you become the policeman to check out a person’s location? I must have missed that when I enrolled. Have a pleasant day.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
For all the possible fakeness of Mateka's claims about age and location, he unfortunately definitely speaks like a typical English boomer who was nowhere to be seen when City was shite, but now that Barcelona architects took on the sweet Qatari dosh, he has grown the stones to speak up and wave the club flag going out of his way to proudly point out the club 'pedigree', 'history' and 'future legacy'.
Walks and talks like a bastion of insecurity rivalling Liverpool supporters pre-2019 desperately trying to prove his side's greatness.

Mateka

Believe which one you want:
Barcelona have held talks with Manchester City about signing Spain forward Ferran Torres, 21, in January. Torres has scored nine goals and provided three assists in 28 Premier League games for City. (ESPN)

However, Barca president Joan Laporta says the club's financial position means they cannot make any signings as things stand. (Marca)

Home of Barca Fans