7 - Ferran Torres

M3ls

Ferran is great. He moves well off the ball, so he often gets into good shooting positions.
Goals will come, the main thing is that he finds chances.

Birdy

Was fine and should be allowed to assume responsibility if likes it + respected for it rather than getting a pile-on from fans
People did exactly the same with Vini. Courageous and up-for-it players are so rare, you gotta encourage them rather than worrying about how much their mistakes cost you

Literally only the rest of his Spanish teammates are younger than him (Fati, Gavi, Pedri, Nico).
He's like 5th youngest and came for biggest amount of money of them all.
He wants to succeed.

Bit weird to defend him from RM fan perspective but the sooner Barca score on his back or otherwise, the better La Liga will be

Should pile on Auba instead for being a washed up waster

The difference is that Vini was destroying everyone and creating just by his dribbling the chances he couldn't finish in the past
Nothing like Ferran tonight.
Failed comparison.

I don't see why you mention Auba.
Had Auba started on the left tonight, and had received the chances Ferran had, he would have scored at least 2

I like him as a player, but under certain conditions:
1) NEver as a WINGER
2) NEVER being favored by the coach in violating any principle of meritocracy.

Especially 2 by Xavi is inexcusable and unacceptable.

JamDav1982

You keep saying 'meritocracy' but the most likely reason Ferran stayed on is he looked more likely to score than any other player bar maybe LDJ until he got some chances late on and even the Torres still was.

ajnotkeith

The difference is that Vini was destroying everyone and creating just by his dribbling the chances he couldn't finish in the past
Nothing like Ferran tonight.
Failed comparison.

I don't see why you mention Auba.
Had Auba started on the left tonight, and had received the chances Ferran had, he would have scored at least 2

I like him as a player, but under certain conditions:
1) NEver as a WINGER
2) NEVER being favored by the coach in violating any principle of meritocracy.

Especially 2 by Xavi is inexcusable and unacceptable.

He is better as a winger. Was finding more chances coming inside and combining that way, making runs across the box.

As CF he has looked hopeless, no idea how to play with his back to goal and gets pushed around by defenders. He's an inside forward.

Neeraj

Missed the game today but seems he was absolutely horrendous.

He hasn't shown that much in the little we have seen of him so far, but I think in this case we just have to be a bit patient, as dogshit as he might be. It is far too early to throw the toys out of the pram. He's come in as our big signing, he is young and showed some potential/glimpses for Spain and City. We have to stick with him for a bit and boost his confidence and hope it pays off. It may cost us points but I think it just has to be done.

Imagine him also failing big time - that will be a complete disaster. So while I haven't been impressed at all, I'm willing to give this one a bit more blind faith before we start critiquing anything. That's just the position we're in.

iniestaGOAT

Xavi: "In Luis Suarez' first matches for Bar?a it looked like he couldn't score either. The Bar?a shirt weighs more than any other one in the world. Looking at how Ferran works, how he shoots the penalty, how he tries.... I'm delighted with him. The goals will come, I'm sure."

Xavi: "Ferran has to switch his chip now. I know that it's not easy. The staff and I will try to take care of him. More than anything, he is angry. He's very competitive, and he demands a lot for himself."

Nazario1985

LooooooL

Xavi is in extreme delusion.

Suarez was already a legend before joining FCB nothing to prove !!

Then he was cocking the defenses even without scoring making huge spaces for Messi and Neymar

M3ls

@Blayasensat: "Yes, Ferran missed 4 chances. The question is: how long has it been since a Bar?a attacker got into those positions so frequently? I am convinced that he will start scoring soon, and I really liked his match today."
Albert Blaya Sensat

Agree with Alberto.

But this is impossible to explain to stupid fans who do not understand anything about football.

Stop watching football. Go watch burger eating tournaments for speed. This "sport" is much simpler than football.

JamDav1982

LooooooL

Xavi is in extreme delusion.

Suarez was already a legend before joining FCB nothing to prove !!

Then he was cocking the defenses even without scoring making huge spaces for Messi and Neymar

How many goals you think Ferran will score a season when he settles?

10? 15? 20? Less?

Nazario1985

@Blayasensat: "Yes, Ferran missed 4 chances. The question is: how long has it been since a Bar?a attacker got into those positions so frequently? I am convinced that he will start scoring soon, and I really liked his match today."
Albert Blaya Sensat

Agree with Alberto.

But this is impossible to explain to stupid fans who do not understand anything about football.

Go watch burger eating tournaments for speed. This "sport" is much simpler than football.

Copium

iniestaGOAT

Albert Blaya Sensat

Agree with Alberto.

Stop watching football. Go watch burger eating tournaments for speed. This "sport" is much simpler than football.

Burger eating tournament :lol:

Home of Barca Fans