7 - Ferran Torres

Porque

He is not a reject. He is injured longer term, due to the mis management of the Spanish national team.

Look at this from the selling perspective. If he was a Barca player, young, on a long term contract, already scored goals this season for club and in the summer for country, how much would you sell him to City for?

I don?t think anybody would say a figure under 70m.

Exactly. How much would we sell Pedri for?

Windhook

Obviously such transfer will not go under 50m. All due praise PSG and Neymar who inflated the transfer market to epic proportions. FDJ in 2016 would've cost us 30m the most.

mc_lovin

Exactly. How much would we sell Pedri for?

Pedri and Torres are miles apart in talent and standing.

But don't get me wrong, Torres would be a good transfer. And City are well within their rights to demand 70ME, but that's just stupid money for a player like him and I trust Laporta that the club doesn't do anything retarded. 70ME is a genuine worldclass talent like Kounde or nearly two players like Adeyemi. And that's the catch for City, we should have plenty of alternatives. I can't see us getting desperate.

At the end of the day City's "problem" is their insane depth that's just not sustainable. Financially sure, but player get unhappy - see Laporte, Silva, Torres...

JamDav1982

Can see how it pans out but if Barca get Torres for 40-50m that would be very good business in my opinion.

Been class for Spain and combines well with Pedri. Going to City and playing the way he did at 20 from a new country is not easy either.

Him being desperate to play for Barca matter as well. Need more of that and where playing for Barca means the ultimate can go.

Porque

Pedri and Torres are miles apart in talent and standing.

But don't get me wrong, Torres would be a good transfer. And City are well within their rights to demand 70ME, but that's just stupid money for a player like him and I trust Laporta that the club doesn't do anything retarded. 70ME is a genuine worldclass talent like Kounde or nearly two players like Adeyemi. And that's the catch for City, we should have plenty of alternatives. I can't see us getting desperate.

At the end of the day City's "problem" is their insane depth that's just not sustainable. Financially sure, but player get unhappy - see Laporte, Silva, Torres...

Agreed. The window for Ferran was the period that we decided on Trincao as an opportunity.

Just saying that City have no reason to expect anything less than to double their investment despite Ferran being injured and/or not starting. Just as we would like to see our team scoff at even 80m for Pedri despite him being injured all season.

FinBarcelonafan

Can see how it pans out but if Barca get Torres for 40-50m that would be very good business in my opinion.

Been class for Spain and combines well with Pedri. Going to City and playing the way he did at 20 from a new country is not easy either.

Him being desperate to play for Barca matter as well. Need more of that and where playing for Barca means the ultimate can go.

This. I'd be shocked if they sell for 40-50 mil though.

malvolio

City don't have clear starting 11. They rotate a lot especially in offense. Torres is not a City reject lol.

He is not an important players for them. They can get rid no problem. The fact that Pep rotates his troops doesn't mean that Torres is a starter.

Didn't set the world alight there, didn't manage to cement himself as starter and also had injuries. If Pep doesn't see him as important, then...

We would be idiots if we pay anything over 40

JamDav1982

He is not an important players for them. They can get rid no problem. The fact that Pep rotates his troops doesn't mean that Torres is a starter.

Didn't set the world alight there, didn't manage to cement himself as starter and also had injuries. If Pep doesn't see him as important, then...

He went there at 20 and was never expected to set himself as a starter immediately and he has been a starter this season when fit.

Pep by all accounts has been willing to let Cancelo, Laporte, Silva, Sterling all go at different stages if unhappy.

No one is claiming he 'set world alight' but he went there at 20 and performed well when played and was one of Spains best players in last year or so.

Who would you rather spend 50m on if that is what it took?

malvolio

He went there at 20 and was never expected to set himself as a starter immediately and he has been a starter this season when fit.

Pep by all accounts has been willing to let Cancelo, Laporte, Silva, Sterling all go at different stages if unhappy.

No one is claiming he 'set world alight' but he went there at 20 and performed well when played and was one of Spains best players in last year or so.

Who would you rather spend 50m on if that is what it took?

I just feel we should have went for him when at Valencia. Now we are getting rinsed for a player that in my opinion doesn't warrant the City premium.

Would go for Adeyemi or Nkunku

JamDav1982

I just feel we should have went for him when at Valencia. Now we are getting rinsed for a player that in my opinion doesn't warrant the City premium.

Would go for Adeyemi or Nkunku

Clear now should have went for him while at Valencia but can only judge if it would be a good move now and he hasnt failed at City. He has done very well for someone going there at 20 and making an impact. While being one of Spains top players.

Folk are trying to hard to make out he has been a disappointment at City when that is far from the case.

The argument for achievements to date falls down a bit when start naming players for what they have done in Austria and who knows if Adeyemi is even available and wants the move.

Home of Barca Fans