6 - Gavi

mc_lovin

Haha, sure, blame him for our defensive structure. Xavi made some well explaining comments on that yesterday.

He played a wonderful game and got a match winning assist. But the first thing on your mind is to pick him apart. Clueless. Or rather malicious. Can’t have anyone else than your golden boy Frenkie get any credit at all. Especially someone that’s a threat to him.

JamDav1982

Nah I said his pass was good and he needs to do more of that while his positioning was terrible.

Do better.

No ‘goalposts’ were moved.

Frenkie is the boy indeed.

No threat whatsoever.

Do better.

JamDav1982

First he wasn't active enough.

Then his positioning is terrible.

And needs to play more great passes anyway.

:facepalm:

Fake news.

And no 'goal posts' moved.

Yes Gavi needs to show more on ball..said that all along. Which is why said 'good pass and what he needs to show more of'.

Positoning is poor.. ask Xavi. Again said all along and was again yesterday and played its part in lack of control and how easy Celta countered.

Keep crying as if anyone making out only Gavi to blame for shape of team. Suits you.

Keep crying about FDJ.

mc_lovin

Frenkie is awsome, I am not single-minded ;)

Just take Gavi for what he is. Hasn't set a foot wrong in his natural CM position so far. Enjoy. He just turned 19 ffs.

JamDav1982

Frenkie is awsome, I am not single-minded ;)

Just take Gavi for what he is. Hasn't set a foot wrong in his natural CM position so far. Just enjoy. He just turned 19 ffs.

Indeed Frenkie is awesome.

Stop crying about 'threats' that dont exist.

No 'single minded' in slightest. More fake news.

Gavi lost his place in CM last season and been better this season but still needs to do more on ball and improve positionally to be a top player.

Opinions.

Yesterday his pass was good/very good/great choose what one want.

Before that for me he was not showing enough on ball and was a reason for how Celta were countering Barca for fun through middle. He needs a 'proper' midfielder beside him for me.

His age is an argument I make and have always said still learning many parts of game.... so saying 'he is 19 ffs' is not relevant argument to counter anything said.

Porque

Tactics were tosh last night. Gavi come on abruptly on the 36 with the Frenkie injury at 1-0, then at half time we subbed the leftback out and the left footed CB out, and basically went with a back 2 and then a double pivot of Gavi-Cancelo in front.

Needed to do better, but that's a recipe for disaster.

Team got better when Balde got on, as did Gavi, with a bit more balance.

Basically I'm going to write off this performance given the circumstances.

Atleast he kept pushing and turned a banana skin into a win with his assist. A better and more clinical opponent and we wouldn't have turned it around.

Porque

He played well though??? What's there to write off?

Yeah. He adapted and come up when it matters as the team got their late momentum.

The performance of the team I mean. Every top team gets 1 or 2 of these a season where the opponents setup better and perform like a final.

EDIT

I just read this in Marca where they detail Xavi changes in this game and a quote from Rafa about it.

It also shows Gavi heat map.

Last edited:

Timo

Gavi is a warrior. He will fight for every inch of ground. He is the heart of the team. First name on the list together with Araujo.

PhilS

That was his 4th Liga yellow, so suspension coming very soon, way before either De Jong or Pedri come back. Who is next up in midfield? Sport is talking about Felix, but it would be crazy to move him from left forward.

I hope Xavi goes to Fermin. Make hime the first midfield sub, this Tuesday. Even if he screws up, it's time to make this investment in the future.

jamrock

Gundogan will play there if gavi is out injured, that's is correct position anyways.

Gavi gotta cool it with the yellows

Home of Barca Fans