6 - Gavi

Horatio

You're welcome
His technical skills are getting underrated big time. Nice turns and touches, doesn't have issues dribbling past players. Still goes down too easily at times and has issues with balance, but that will come in time.

Man of the match for me too.

Similar to what I wrote here a while ago:

I have criticized Gavi before but I feel like you guys are giving him too little credit. Guy has very good sense of timing and a good touch and feels comfortable in little space. Very comfortable on ball. Just needs to improve some passes and decision making. He's working hard and shown willingness to improve. Anybody noticed how he has picked way less cards than previous year? 0 cards in La Liga so far and 1 in CL.

serghei

Similar to what I wrote here a while ago:

True, good assessment. Also think his biggest area to improve is his decision making. For me this is the main area where Pedri is superior to him in a clear way.

There's some situations since Pedri got injured where he would've no doubt found better options to continue an attack compared to Gavi who's very energetic and direct, but not always very lucid about what the best option is. I give Pedri a clear edge here, but there are several areas where Gavi is superior to Pedri in exchange, without any doubt.

It's a matter of prefference in the end. Provided Pedri finds a way to stay fit and not miss so many key games every season (his fitness level is a major point of concern for me), both are badly needed in midfield.

Last edited:

Windhook

Obviously every team now, until the end of the season in La Liga, will look for match anullment and W award, because of Gavi's fucked up first team registration.

serghei

Obviously every team now, until the end of the season in La Liga, will look for match anullment and W award, because of Gavi's fucked up first team registration.

Huh? Did someone tell us that Gavi is inelligible to play? He's still registered as a Barca B player and he can play under that. I'm pretty sure the Aleix dude from Barca B that played vs Elche is also not a registered 1st team player either.

Windhook

Huh? Did someone tell us that Gavi is inelligible to play? He's still registered as a Barca B player and he can play under that. I'm pretty sure the Aleix dude from Barca B that played vs Elche is also not a registered 1st team player either.

Well, many noticed Gavi changing his number from 30 to 6 and then back to 30 again, because La Liga won the appeal.

[MD]Elche to consider appealing Bar?a's 4-0 win, claiming improper line-up of Gavi

Elche's claim is Gavi being registered twice in a single season for Barca B, which is illegal.

Last edited:

serghei

Elche's claim is Gavi being registered twice in a single season for Barca B, which is illegal.

He isn't. Just the initial time. The situation basically got reversed to the initial Barca B registration by the canceling of the 1st team contract registration.

Windhook

He isn't. Just the initial time. The situation basically got reversed to the initial Barca B registration by the canceling of the 1st team contract registration.

Indeed it's reversed decision, not double registration. Laughable that teams and La Liga look for any legal means outside of football pitch to halt developments at Barca. Makes me respect people working at the club even more.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Little guy is the king by the right of his courage and will. Makes assists, kills, opponents.
Reminds me of my man Croat man sturmtrooper Marko Viduka who bullied defeners as well and who used to make opponents complain about him and shitty time they had dealing with him.

Crush your enemy. See them driven before you. And hear the lamentation of their women.

Home of Barca Fans