6 - Gavi

serghei

So if we give him bigger wages to extend him he'll basically count as a new and important free agent signing?

Does extending players count the same as signing players under current dumb La Liga rules? He's basically our player and we want to extend him. How the hell is that not allowed?

JamDav1982

His old contract allows him to leave for free in the summer. Him and his agent also may not be very impressed he's played for this long on his youth salary.

Given that he doesn't want to leave though it could benefit us if we can keep him on the old contract for as long as possible so we don't need to bump the cap.

If tht happens after club sold idea of levers as in part to tie down these contracts there will be a riot.

On the cap I doubt it saves much for Barca in long run as anything agreed from a certain date will most likely be backdated. But that also stops his agent/Gavi having less an issue of time take to get new contract salary.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I don't understnand how can they block the registration of a player that is not a new signing but has been our own player all along. It's fucked up.

He would be increasing the salary cap and now they also take into account projections on future seasons I believe is their issue.

Messigician

Breaking

PSG are very attentive to the Gavi situation and do not rule out making a irresistible offer for the star prospect.

Dayum

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not too worried about him leaving, other clubs can drool over him and want to trigger the release clause, I think he wants to stay.

I think we will have to reduce the overall wage bill, and if we can, find the room to register him again this summer, right? Basically the same as Araujo's new contract?

Porque

I think he is already on his new contract, just that LaLiga is not accepting it in relation to the cap.

It gets problematic as it means his old buyout clause still exists according to LaLiga, and for next season he can not legally be registered to play in LaLiga (currently) with his new contract.

So regarding PSG, coz their cunts (but messigasm is prob making it up also) they can make him a huge offer with this loophole. And obviously the whole thing would end up in the courts and become a huge case.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
MD says Gavi will be "released" on June 30th, 2023 if he is not a player of the first team by then, not sure if this is part of his old contract?

If so, I guess he would be a free agent on July 1st, we won't even pocket any money if he chooses to leave? So screwed up.

At this time I guess our best hope is that they seriously start reducing the wage bill (we should anyways) to incorporate his new contract and hope he has the patience to see this through and not want to leave.

PSG would be the least concerning, they are a sinking ship, even Mbappe might jump ship soon. I am a bit worried about the likes of Liverpool that are rumored to be interested in him. Still think Gavi wants to stay here.

Messigician

Breaking

Liverpool are attentive to the situations of Bellingham and Gavi they see an immense opportunity to reinforce the midfield and are confirming making an offer neither can refuse.

Damn

This is bad bros

Messigician

Breaking

Gavi is furious with Laporta, he does not understand why he is on a youth player contract while players who are nkt refuses in the first team earn 5x the amount of money he does

Shiiiit

This is escalating quick bros

Porque

Gavi is with the Spain NT. Who did he tell this news to?

Is that why De La Fuente got him and Dani Ceballos together?

Is Ceballos the mole!?

Check my twitter for updates!

serghei

Didn't Gavi sign the contract already? Contract is already signed, and just needs registering.

They didn't voided the contract, they just cancelled its registration.

Home of Barca Fans