6 - Gavi

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He seems to be really hated by his opponent
RDT_20221207_1802207116092980098851759.png

lol

fergus90

I like the kid but there are games where you can see has a long way to go. Barca needs a CM in the summer to start with De Jong and to allow Gavi to progress naturally.

JamDav1982

He is a La Masia Gattuso, of course opponents won't like him.

He is starting to get more praise for battering into tackles than his quaity on ball.

His passing range etc is nowhere near Pedri, FDJ etc.

How Xavi and Lucho can keep tryin this Busi/Pedri/Gavi midfield is beyond me.. particualrly when both have better options and their best midfielder not in there either.

Last edited:

xXKonan

As said before he's a good talent with a bright future but currently should not be a starter for Club and Country at the moment

Xavi and now Lucho are trying far too hard to force the idea that Pedri-Busi-Gavi can be the new "Trio" like it was for Spain and Barca but it has basically failed to live up to expectations so far. Two CMs who are not even 21 yet and Busi who is so far past his prime it never got to work.

In Xavi's case it feels like he was trying to prove a point to FDJ that "We have other options" but that backfired on him big time.

Porque

It probably come too early to enter a major tournament with Gavi and Pedri pairing the midfield- but that's easy to criticise now.

If you look back though, Gavi played his best for the NT when not starting with Pedri and Pedri played his best when not paired with Gavi. If I remember correctly both were paired with Koke and both were the lead central midfielders when at their best.

Before 2008 when Aragonese put Senna behind Xavi-Iniesta many said Xaviesta could not co-exist. And that happened around boths mid 20s. So no surprise with what happened in the big games in this WC really.

In time this pair should evolve together, but the struggle is how to build Gavi game around Pedri's.

jamrock

I said it from the jump, no one winning any major tittle with two kids in the midfield, Enrique was crazy to think that was possible, too early for them both in the same midfield.

raedkuwait

I said it from the jump, no one winning any major tittle with two kids in the midfield, Enrique was crazy to think that was possible, too early for them both in the same midfield.

actually i think you can, but not with Gavi who has nothing to offer at all other than running around and throwing himself at tackles and a turtle in bussi.

mc_lovin

Pedri and Koke at the last Euro definitely looked much better, but the latter was abysmal recently. Don't think Spain would have fared better with Thiago either.

So I guess Spain just need to build on the experience and hope the young guns are top of the world in their mid 20's next world cup.

fergus90

Spain actually needs some attacking talent coming through as well. All possession with no cutting edge.

Even with the likes of Xavi and Iniesta they had Villa and Fernando Torres, it's very easy for teams of any quality to sit back and let them endlessly pass the ball.

malvolio

Midfield was the least of Spain's problems, actually their best department in the team. They lacked any sort of incisive player upfront. You can put prime Xavi/Iniesta/Busi in there and you will still lose, because you have Ferran/Olmo/Morata upfront - EL level players.

vegitot

Midfield was the least of Spain's problems, actually their best department in the team. They lacked any sort of incisive player upfront. You can put prime Xavi/Iniesta/Busi in there and you will still lose, because you have Ferran/Olmo/Morata upfront - EL level players.

euro 2012, no forward no problem with prime Iniesta, Xavi, Busi. Problem is none of Spain midfielder can carry, dribble, can take opponent's defense apart. No risk taker from midfield, no game changer.

If Pedri can be bold like Iniesta it would be a different story but i doubt he can change his personality on the pitch

malvolio

euro 2012, no forward no problem with prime Iniesta, Xavi, Busi. Problem is none of Spain midfielder can carry, dribble, can take opponent's defense apart. No risk taker from midfield, no game changer.

If Pedri can be bold like Iniesta it would be a different story but i doubt he can change his personality on the pitch

Are we comparing Ferran and Dani Olmo to Iniesta and David Silva? You are just counting them as midfielders, but they were far more creative and penetrative than the current idiots in attack. The quality just isn't there. Also, didn't they have Fernando Torres as option?

I repeat, put any midfield combo behind Ferran/Olmo/Morata and see what you get.

Zidane82

Are we comparing Ferran and Dani Olmo to Iniesta and David Silva? You are just counting them as midfielders, but they were far more creative and penetrative than the current idiots in attack. The quality just isn't there. Also, didn't they have Fernando Torres as option?

I repeat, put any midfield combo behind Ferran/Olmo/Morata and see what you get.
Fair point

Home of Barca Fans