5 - Carles Puyol

Maria

54352274552-file.jpg

Too bad that Rosell didn't talk with a doctor before offering Puyol a contract until 2016, like he did in Abidal's case and his contract of a year.

Guys he just shows Tito that we have to buy a good CB. It's right time to have an operation.

If only..after his surgery in 2012 Puyol was already having problems after the friendly against PSG(at the beginning of August). Knowing this, Tito and Rosell still bought Song and said that they trust Bartra only for the the canterano to have 210 minutes as a starter in La Liga. And then they offered Puyol a contract until 2016 although until this year he was being renewed year after year(like it should be with a player of his age and medical history). So at this point I expect them to fail every negotiations for a good CB and buy someone from Arsenal(probably Vermaelen) at the end of August.

This is really the best time for any surgeries. He's not at the Conf. Cup, and he has a few months off before the real games start in late August.
That's what we said last year too..

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
Pruna (team doctor): "Puyol had knee surgery this morning, it lasted for 30 minutes. We hope he can leave the hospital this afternoon."
Pruna (team doctor): "The recovery time would be 3 to 4 weeks. We expect Puyol to be ready to start pre-season normally on 15 July."
Pruna (doctor): "Puyol is very motivated to go to the World Cup in Brazil next year. It'll be a special World Cup, and it could be his last"

Ronaldinho

unlike Giggs and Scholes who accepts they not gonna playing as much as their prime, Puyol and Xavi presence has become hindrance for our youngster progress as they still wants to play as much as possible

P

PhilS

We can only hope the recovery from this surgury is that fast.

It'll be great if Puyol can play as much next year as he did last year, 20 games. It would certainly be a mistake to count on him playing more, you have to be realistic about the older players who have extensive injury histories.

USWAY

unlike Giggs and Scholes who accepts they not gonna playing as much as their prime, Puyol and Xavi presence has become hindrance for our youngster progress as they still wants to play as much as possible
I have to agree, but even more important than a hindrance on our youngsters, it's a hindrance on their own ability to play at a high level as much as they could.

khaled_a_d

Puyol and Xavi just train hard and do whatever it takes to fight for their place in the team ,there is nothing wrong in that ,it is up to the management and the staff to decrease their role ,highly doubt that either won't accept a smaller role
It is the club to be blamed not the players

Barcafan 2304

Hope he can stay for another year or 2. If we can get another class CB in this summer (surely!), Puyol can be used as cover and still play a part

Mr Hulot

Every time I will see Puyol start next season it will be a special moment that I will always savor. Even though I didn't want to accept it, he is from all our legends the player that will retire first...:(

Stric

This only emphasizes our need for A TOP LEVEL center back. Not some random guy from Valencia or Liverpool or wherever, but someone who's downright brilliant. Pique+Mascherano is not good enough to be our starting backline, and if we're going to replace a legend like Puyol, the guy who's coming needs to be up to the challenge. If the club's going to skimp on a CB now, it only will have proved that they screwed up with the transfer of Neymar, because we have a burning issue here that needs to be addressed, and it possibly won't be, because they're not gonna spend so much after getting Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans