33 - Pau Cubarsí

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

If he keeps developing, sure. If not, he will be another talent that didn't rise up to expectations, and that list is very long. So far, he's been quite good despite the occasional bad game, which I agree are normal for his age. The idea is for him to learn from these bad games and make them as few as possible as he gains more experience.

Quite good?? The guy has been absolutely outrageous for a 16 year old to have done the things he has done on a football field this year.
He's a bona fida crack, the only thing in doubt is the purity of the crack, but there is no doubt that it will make you high.

If you want Araujo to be sold and think Cubarsi has only been 'quite good', then we are fucked, because I see that partnership as arguably the best thing about this team, bar Lamine.

serghei

Quite good?? The guy has been absolutely outrageous for a 16 year old to have done the things he has done on a football field this year.
He's a bona fida crack, which should be obvious to anyone watching him.

If you want Araujo to be sold and think Cubarsi has been only quite good, then we are fucked, because I see that partnership as arguably the best thing about this team, bar Lamine.

OK, he was outrageous for a 16 year old. And quite good for general level, no age restriction.

Porque

Legit question.

How does he compare to 16/17 year old De Ligt?

Coz if you want a great example of a top young talent stagnating, it's him.

Managed to get 140m in transfer fees mind you. But thats Raiola for ya.

jamrock

De ligt probably looked better TBH, showed some leadership.

But like you said,Ajax was his peak, like all the players from that team

serghei

It doesn't matter if you are great for a 16-17 year old standards. Only thing that matters is to improve gradually and become a top defender period. No more "for his age" caveat. All the huge praise for super-young players is not doing them any favors.

jamrock

That being said, we need to ease of the gas with him, I wouldn't be opposed to be coming off the bench for most matches next season.

Starting all these kids,every single one has picked up a long term injury.

master k

I've also been thinking that they've been overplaying Cub. Should be Christensen back in CB but the lack of mids is really killing this team.

M3ls

I've said it before and I'll say it again now - you seriously overestimate this guy.

In general, Barcelona fans tend to constantly overestimate their young players.

Do you think there are no better players at this age in the academy of other teams? They exist, they just don’t start to play on first team at that age. Here they come out, and then the fans start - oooh, next Maldini!

M3ls

Yes, he has a great pass. I do not argue. But his game is on the second floor, his speed is a complete disaster.

Stop overestimating players.

I recommend that you evaluate players based on their gaming skills.

So I look at Faye and I see a player who is likely to become a world class player.
He has everything he needs to do this. And Сubarsi only has a good pass.

I've said it before and I'll say it again now - you seriously overestimate this guy.

In general, Barcelona fans tend to constantly overestimate their young players.

Do you think there are no better players at this age in the academy of other teams? They exist, they just don’t start to play on first team at that age. Here they come out, and then the fans start - oooh, next Maldini!
i stated this up there because I had seen it many weeks back....the mob here came after me. I cant see the hype about this dude yet...he is young, yeah!...but is he doing anything special? Nothing that Christensen and Martinez could not do...so why overplay him????

M3ls

i stated this up there because I had seen it many weeks back....the mob here came after me. I cant see the hype about this dude yet...he is young, yeah!...but is he doing anything special? Nothing that Christensen and Martinez could not do...so why overplay him????
I don't know why they do this...

I don't see any great skills in this guy either, other than a good pass.

I like to evaluate young players based on their playing QUALITIES.

Home of Barca Fans