3 - Gerard Pique

Messigician

Arguing with the fans on Twitter

A los que os quej?is de una posible expulsi?n m?a, estar?a bien que supierais que he acabado el partido sin tarjeta amarilla, as? que informaros antes de protestar. Es as? no 2010MisterChip? Ense?a el acta cuando puedas!

Xd what Fergus said

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He spends too much time on all the trivial stuff other than his own personal businesses instead of focusing on his game and what is getting paid to do here. His silliness is beyond the level of what he should have demonstrated as a mature adult.

Should have hanged up his boots and become a full-time businessman and entertainment industry whatever.

Bobo32

A lot has been said about Puyols good influence over the sometimes lazy Pique, and how he needs another partner who can make him do the more "silent" work and keep up his concentration.
I wonder if Alves influence hasn't been overseen - they both arrived at the same time, and even if Alves isn't zoomed in yelling as much as Puyol was, his presence surely makes the mates around him work a bit more intensely, too?

Pique played well yesterday. Another thing I have noticed and been irritated by has been how Pique regularly passes slowly to the left foot of the right back, and then doesn't show himself deep with full speed. With Alves, I've seen less of this, partly because of Alves initial position probably, and also because Alves will solve these situations so brilliantly even when he gets the ball on the wrong foot with no good options, so I wouldn't be as irritated as when Dest lose the ball or Araujo struggle to hoof it.

JamDav1982

Doesnt have the legs for it and pulls in defence in way he avoids 1 to 1 defending when game gets tight.

Old players become like that and play fearful of their limitations at crunch points and when pressure on.

Pique been same for years and about worst 'leader' will ever get.

Personalities like his get weeded out a dressing room years ago by any top coach with full freedom.

Rassvet

Now this clown is fighting with Unai Emery on twitter. The irony in Pique calling out someone else for complaining too much :lol:

JamDav1982

Piques ego been an issue for year with Barca. Nothing has changed.

Never seen a player at top level that has so many distractions and gets destroyed year after year in big games yet nothing changes.

No top club would let their player away with being the mouth piece he is. Comes across as amateur hour near enough every time he opens his mouth.

Be a great day when club is rid of twats like him.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Arguably the most shameless of the seniors. Atleast Busquets isn't making false promises of retiring after getting thumped by Bayern.

JamDav1982

It feels at this point he just enjoys his name being in the news/social media and thinks he is building up his brand as the outspoken businessman protector of FC Barcelona.

In reality he is doing the opposite and making Barca look out of control of their players but then again this is the fud that boasts of 4 hours sleep and missing training for business trips.

The video of him being an absolute twat to FDJ at the B team game sums him up.

Arrogant/deluded arse hole that thinks he is still relevant as a footballer. Maybe that is what this is about. Cant stay relevant through performance on pitch so tries to off it.

Xavi or Laporta need to tell him to wind his neck in and shut the fuck up as it is on them to make statements to protect the team if they feel it is needed.

So much for the 'tighter control of social media' etc that supposed new rules were to help curb.

SmilerBam

People just love faceless personalities nowadays, isn't it? I agree he has to go, but i like that he is outspoken. At least he is not boring like most footballers.

Home of Barca Fans