Gerard Piqué

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Pique wasn't that great last season he got very complacent at times, and if the partying is true he hasn't cut it out this season

B

barcelonista

Pique wasn't that great last season he got very complacent at times

I agree with that. Even in the CL final, whenever he touched the ball, he looked clumsy. Error in the opening minutes (confusion with Valdes, it was a carbon copy of the same error he made before the CL final in La Liga if I remember correctly, I think it was even an own goal). A challenge with Rooney where he just tripped for no reason (Mascherano helped him out).

Even almost a year ago, throughout half of the season, people were joking: "He needs to concentrate on football, not on Shakira", because he simply didn't perform all too well.

He needs to fix this. He turned into some sort of sunny boy.

Maria

Actually in the CL final he was great..but before that he wasn't like in the previous seasons(probably because he had to play every game with Puyol and Abi out).

This season I had high hopes with him, but it looks like Puyol still has to teach him a thing or two about commitment. Normally I wouldn't believe the spanish press, but I remember that a respected journalist has said 2 or 3 weeks ago that someone was late at training and Pep send him home..and when I watched the photos from that day's training, the only players missing were Pique and Alexis. So he better get his shit together.

Y

Youngie

Catalan papers writing Pep didn't play him against Milan because he was partying @ late night before the game. If true, Pique needs to fix that shit as soon as possible and focus on football again ...

Pique turning into George Best :facepalm:

Maybe he'll learn.

EDIT: Yugi: those jersey's the lads are wearing in your sig are totally awesome.

Y

Youngie

Also it goes to show that no player is bigger than the club. Pique would have helped a lot last game (in place of Busquets) but Pep did what's (IMO) right for the club.

Sorry if I'm talking sense - must be a first!

m3lo-Kosovo

FFS ! Pique and buskets have got 4 yellow cards ? and if they get another one yellow card on tuesday, they will miss EL CLASSICO !!!! :angry:

B

barcelonista

If Busquets gets a card against Levante, we're fucked. We have no other proper DM. Mascherano's passing, vision and ball circulation is nowhere near Busi's. In that case, you would even see Keita in DM rather than Masch, knowing Pep. :keita:

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
this is classic Piqué, he's started slow every season he's been with us and only really turned on the form after xmas.

every fucking year it's "OH HE'S NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE!" and then when the new year rolls around, guess what happens? admittedly there's always something that he changes in order to get into gear, but I'm almost beginning to think he does it on purpose so he can be boss for the more important half of the season.

it's a remnant of his time with United. hopefully we can coach it out of him.

and I'll bet anything Busi gets booked against Rayo. no way he takes a chance of missing the Clasico.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Except every fucking year it's been true that he's been less good than his first season. Except the sample size is too small to panic over. You sound like me defending Marquez every other season.

Rafa 2: Electric Boogaloo

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Except every fucking year it's been true that he's been less good than his first season. Except the sample size is too small to panic over. You sound like me defending Marquez every other season.

Rafa 2: Electric Boogaloo

I don't think it has.

true, the first halves have been getting worse (especially this one where he's barely been fit) but he's always masterful in the run-in.

Rafa was never like this 'til he got old & injured, and even then there was no pattern, he'd just be really bad in random games.

with Piqué there's a definite pattern. I'm not saying it's a good thing, I'm just saying it's there.

jamrock

whats all this pique, he has not be bad at all this season was is typical solid self at the weekend, give him time to get back up to speed after being injured i think two times this season, he is still sex, if we win anything this season, his sexiness will play a large part has it always does

Galning

fo29o2.gif

Home of Barca Fans