3 - Gerard Pique

Tackle

Has a contract until 2024, but assume he will retire in 2023 once he spends most of this season on the bench. Still probably thinks he can convince Xavi and force his way into the XI.

xXKonan

Doubt he will leave.

He apparently told Laporta that no matter who they bring in to "Replace him" they still wouldn't be able to bench him, out of arrogance. He's going up against some real competition this time like Kounde, Christensen and Araujo and Xavi requested the likes of Kounde and Christensen so we know his thoughts on Pique.

malvolio

How the mighty fall !!

Not long ago he was one of our finest and bedding Shakira ..

Bedding Shakira seems more of a bucket list kind of thing. Not worth it long term for the attached drama. Pique can have his pick of super models or other fine women.

Temptation

People need to understand the concept of "celeb halo".

To normal people, Shakira's attractiveness multiplies by 100 because she's a world famous performer but in the celebrity bubble of Pique and Shakira's life you see it as "yeah, she's my partner" not like "Wow! I can't believe I'm with THE Shakira", hence we need to look at this from Pique's perspective instead of an outsider's one.

Also, there are plenty of sexier women out there who look much better than Shakira but they don't have status halo she has. They might make life way more fun for you than a Shakira does.

At the end of the day, in marital life, you don't care if you're wife is super-famous. What matters is if the relationship is working. All those "Power-Couple" things are PR guff; only good for grabbing headlines. Tell me how many of them are actually happy behind the dichotomy of fame!

Last edited:

Barcilliant

People need to understand the concept of "celeb halo".

To normal people, Shakira's attractiveness multiplies by 100 because she's a world famous performer but in the celebrity bubble of Pique and Shakira's life you see it as "yeah, she's my partner" not like "Wow! I can't believe I'm with THE Shakira", hence we need to look at this from Pique's perspective instead of an outsider's one.

Also, there are plenty of sexier women out there who look much better than Shakira but they don't have status halo she has. They might make life way more fun for you than a Shakira does.

At the end of the day, in marital life, you don't care if you're wife is super-famous. What matters is if the relationship is working. All those "Power-Couple" things are PR guff; only good for grabbing headlines. Tell me how many of them are actually happy behind the dichotomy of fame!

True.

serghei

I remember this guy saying he was willing to step down after the 2-8 fiasco. What a lying clown. 2 years later and you still can't get rid of this parasite.

Home of Barca Fans