3 - Alejandro Balde

Gnidrologist

Feel for him, but good opportunity for Fort and there's also Cancelo. Can's say i like his performances at all. Attacking wise he's completely impotent and his defensive discipline has also gone worse. Let him and Gavi rest for a while an maybe they come back stronger. Were too much accustomized to being starters at this rate anyway. The rest of the season should be low pressure anyway. Just don't miss CL spot and let various potentials hone their skills.

JamDav1982

All that does is push the FFP onto the next season as already done with Gavi but at least with Gavi it seems as if get some FIFA compensation to cover it a bit.

Maybe Faye will come up as some cover for LB with Cancelo/Fort.

Last edited:

serghei

Not that surprising tbh. I just hope that all these injuries to kids that are overplayed won't cause long term damange and will be a thing of the past once they reach 22-24 years of age.

JamDav1982

He is 20 and hasnt really been over played.

Started 15 of 22 league games and 3 of 6 CL games for example.

Last season Alba played a lot of minutes and this season Balde has started majority but not all and also not been involved with Spain.

The number of games recently may have cotributed but thats not so much about his age at 20.

The issue is more about signing likes of Alonso who is in mid 30s and had injury issues, signing Inigo who was injured and had issues, renewing Roberto who is old and had injury issues then in other positions signing Romeu who isnt good enough. There has been less rotation than should have been due those signings really.

khaled_a_d

Reports he could play in the Olympics this summer. Hopefully won't rush him.

Olympics is 6 months away, so should be fine for his type of injury tbh.
The ones that I would hate seeing in Olympics are Gavi, as their is a risk of rushing him and, wait for it, Pedri as Spain loves using him in Euro & Olympics compo.
Eric is also eligible for it but hopefully he will be on another team

iniestaGOAT

ALEJANDRO BALDE is a physical specimen. And you can't teach that.

He is here to stay and the present/ future LB of BARCELONA.

Messi983

Olympics is 6 months away, so should be fine for his type of injury tbh.
The ones that I would hate seeing in Olympics are Gavi, as their is a risk of rushing him and, wait for it, Pedri as Spain loves using him in Euro & Olympics compo.
Eric is also eligible for it but hopefully he will be on another team

Yes, should be recovered and would be good to get back some match fitness in those games but I just don't trust NT coaches to take a good care of him.

BusiTheKing

Ought to keep him despite the poor performances. Decision making can be improved, sometimes radically under a new coach. That kind of physicality is always an asset.

Devils

Sucks he got injured.

Would have been interesting to see him in this defensive line-up with Cubarsi, Araujo and Kounde.

Would have probably been given a lot more freedom to make offensive, overlapping runs given the defensive stability of the other three.

Home of Barca Fans