24 - Thomas Vermaelen

BBZ8800

Did Kerrison or Henrique ever play for us? Or even Douglas who hasn't had a handful of apperances but is still rightfully considered a bad transfer.

But those 3 weren't good players nor before Barca, nor during Barca period, nor after Barca.

Vermaelen could be considered one day eventually as a flop (like Song, Chyngrynsky etc) or like a player who never played because of injuries.

But it is unfair to put him in the same group as Douglas and similar players.

Zangash

Banned
But those 3 weren't good players nor before Barca, nor during Barca period, nor after Barca.

Vermaelen could be considered one day eventually as a flop (like Song, Chyngrynsky etc) or like a player who never played because of injuries.

But it is unfair to put him in the same group as Douglas and similar players.

He was bought as a CB right before our transfer ban as a last ditch attempt to shore up our defense and he won't even be able to play this season, really.

That alone should put him in the same group as Douglas and Keirison and co. by default until he climbs his way out.

G

Gasgas

He was bought as a CB right before our transfer ban as a last ditch attempt to shore up our defense and he won't even be able to play this season, really.

That alone should put him in the same group as Douglas and Keirison and co. by default until he climbs his way out.
:lol:
True. But i have a hunch that he will deliver for us,but still that wont justify his price tag for me.
I still wonder why we let benatia slip away so easily. I really love how he defends and i thought by the time that he was a top top CB (i hope he still is)
I am glad that we are through with Zubi, not that many sporting directors sign players of this caliber (verma, mathieu, douglas) when the defence has been crying for defenders years and years

You say the news are that he's recovered from the injury? But did he undergo surgery? Didn't the medical staff recommend the board not buying him unless he underwent surgery to solve this injury for long term?

Darko

You can't say that before the man makes even a single appearance.

Yes, yes I can, I watched him play before, he is injury prone, he will take time to adapt to Barca's football, he is slow, he brings nothing that we already don't have in Mathieu, it's like buying both Vietto and Dyabala, both quick, good finishers and dribblers, but buying both would be a bad move.

F

Flavia

pic_2015-03-30_ENTRENO_13-Optimized.v1427735652.JPG

Still training...

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I get kinda scared every time i see this thread near the top of the list i just get the feeling hes injured again

Hahaha I get the same feeling watching the videos in the news of his recovering, I watch him training and i'm expecting him to fall in agony at anytime :lol:

I really hope he can stay injury free for at least some time and help us get the trophies :)

Kuchi

Maybe start a Verminator injury prediction league? Kick off when he's fit to play, try and guess the day he gets re injured. Winner gets to facepalm with the rest of the comunity

anguy

I still wonder why we let benatia slip away so easily. I really love how he defends and i thought by the time that he was a top top CB (i hope he still is)
I am glad that we are through with Zubi, not that many sporting directors sign players of this caliber (verma, mathieu, douglas) when the defence has been crying for defenders years and years

We would have bought him for 35 million, but Roma was asking much more for him innitially and it seems LE wanted left footed CB anyway.

Home of Barca Fans