23 - Jules Kounde

MTL_Barca

1,78m? No BBZ seal of approval :coffee:

He's good, but idk about spending 60M on a defender considering how much has to be done.

TheStig

Did you guys even watch Kounde? He's the perfect partner for Araujo, we could get a CB duo for 10 years. He's more than proven in these years at Sevilla. Yes he's short but he can jump and is physical, he's no Eric Garca. With Araujo by his side that shouldn't be a big problem. But I don't think we will be able to afford him.

Birdy

Did you guys even watch Kounde? He's the perfect partner for Araujo, we could get a CB duo for 10 years. He's more than proven in these years at Sevilla. Yes he's short but he can jump and is physical, he's no Eric Garca. With Araujo by his side that shouldn't be a big problem. But I don't think we will be able to afford him.

Yes, top CB duo for a decade.
Stats also prove they can complement each other perfectly...

Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.
Price is steep, Chelsea will pay up

Porque

Kounde has done well enough overall to he worth signing at 60m if the club are in normal finances. Thats standard starting price for a top tier CB right now and Kounde is tier 1.5.

I don't think his last season was particularly impressive however.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

This. OK, there are for sure some exceptions but overall this generation of French footballers is very stupid, unprofessional and immature. Dembele, Pogba, Griezmann, Umtiti and similar clowns.

No offense, but what a moronic take.

First, you're talking about players who... aren't even from the same generation.

Second, you say that this "whole generation" (which one, exactly ?) is stupid "except for a few exceptions", before... mentioning a GRAND TOTAL of 4 players. They're not even good examples, because they're seen as "clowns" (sometimes rightfuly so, don't get me wrong) for vastly different reasons anyway: Dembele has terrible work ethics, but Umtiti's main crime is that he was injured, while Griezmann's mentality is mostly hated because of La Decision... which was Pique's idea in the first place).

I can do the exact same post, but with different names, and an opposite conclusion: "This generation of French footballers has an absolutely incredible work ethic and will die on the field. Benzema, Kante, Tchouameni, Kounde, Nkunku".

That's the problem when your argumentation has absolutely no base and no reasoning behind it but a couple examples: you can counter it by just giving opposite examples. Yes, there are stupid french football players. There are also some smart ones. And there are also a shit ton of dumb football players from every country.

krakdol

To be fair, I always felt we had more than our fair share of immature and unprofessional players here in France... Maybe because they mostly come from our low income suburbs and they often lack a good education before they start playing football all the time... Maybe because our welfare state means they have it a little bit easier in life than in many other places.

Look at our 2010 National Team embarrassing us by going on strike during the world cup, or our unsufferable 2012 NT full of douchebags like Menez, Nasri, Ben Arfa... So many headless chickens.

But yes, we also have very professional and well educated players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans