23 - Jules Kounde

Total-Football

Fair fucks to kounde for his redemption .. absolute transformation at all levels the last couple months..looked terrible then suddenly he woke up and became quicker, better in 1 on 1, good at passing and even decent going forwards.

Andresito

Staff member
Gone under the radar most of the season. Fact is he looks comfortable at RB. He knows his limitations and plays it simple, that said he can handle being under pressure and he can cross decently.
Above all though is his availability, 90 minutes after 90 minutes which puts him right behind Gundo in terms of minutes played. You need those non-flashy but reliable players in an XI too, like Abidal, Masche, Keita, Pedro. They do their jobs in silence. Wouldn't sell unless a very big offer.

Porque

Agreed. But he is a fullback that is not at the level of his cap space. I get you don't get what you deserve, but what you negotiate. And also that he never signed to initially be a fullback.

But if you are going to pay 50m + 13m plus wages for a possession fullback who is solid in defence, decent on the ball and provides 1 goal and 2 assists throughout the season, I would say you would be mad for that investment.

Messi983

Agreed. But he is a fullback that is not at the level of his cap space. I get you don't get what you deserve, but what you negotiate. And also that he never signed to initially be a fullback.

But if you are going to pay 50m + 13m plus wages for a possession fullback who is solid in defence, decent on the ball and provides 1 goal and 2 assists throughout the season, I would say you would be mad for that investment.

But you would be even more mad if you would invest 40m in a 30 yo offensive RB who only has 2 goals and 3 assists while being a liability almost always when he had to defend.

Porque

I wanted Malo Gusto who is probably on a fraction of the wage Kounde is and way less salary cap baggage.

Anyways what is done is done. Kounde is the best rightback in LaLiga for two seasons now, so no point selling unless someone is strongly interested, and we can find someone who is ready to step in on way less margin.

It's possible to do, but realistically not with Xavi around.

Messi983

I liked Malo Gusto too but he'd probably be just the next Dest here.

And with Balde (as long as he stays fit) hopefully our longterm LB I don't mind a more defensive minded RB.

That said with CBs we have (and some more good upcoming talents) I also wouldn't mind to try 3 atb system. IF we really bring back Cancelo then that's probably the way to go next season. Don't see a 4-3-3 working with Cancelo and Balde as offensive FBs and most likely still without a good DM.

jamrock

He's the unsong hero of our two last seasons.

Only winger that constantly cooks him is savio for some reason.

That being said, I want to see him at CB, for a run of games, maybe if we sell Araujo that will happen.

Really Araujo - Kounde should be our starting Pair at CB, cubarsi should be coming off the bench.

Messi983

His desire to improve as a right-back has reached the point that at the end of training he remains rehearsing crosses into the area, as SPORT has been able to confirm. Not only does he want to be a winger who stands out for his defensive strength, but he also intends to contribute in attack with assists.

Xavi has highly valued the effort of a very professional and perfectionist player. Another example of his attitude is seen with his desire to work as hard as possible, even when he can do a recovery session, and he prefers to exercise as much as possible with the substitutes from the previous day's game.

Koundé knows that at 25 years old he has a lot of room for improvement in this position. Not only does he have a place in Barça, but also in the French team. There has never been a debate with Didier Deschamps since the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. He has always been a right back and it is the position from which he must grow as a 'bleu'.

The conversion of Koundé is a great relief for the preparation of the Barça squad for next season. Finding a full-back on the market is no longer such a priority. With Koundé and Héctor Fort the position would be covered. Joao Cancelo could continue on the left, if his loan at City is extended, competing with Balde.

Porque

I'm glad he has finally embraced being a rightback.

Peps current football has 4 fullbacks across the line anyways. Marquez has the rightback become one of the pivots while we also shift Kounde to make a back 3 when attacking down the left.

So the more versatility the better for him.

Let's hope he can embrace versatility in his fashion sense too.

Home of Barca Fans