23 - Jules Kounde

vuji_31

I think we will play Araujo guy we bought from MLS on RB next season, and Kounde or Urguayan Araujo in bigger games.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Told you guys Kounde attitude reeks of complacency. I don't want to be right about this but it is what it is.

CatalinR10

So what's the plan in the future ? Play Araugoat + Christensen ?

Cause they really be on top top level together.

Kounde disappointed me big time , let's be srs here . Didn't watch him at Sevilla but judging from all the people , I expected A LOT more from him.

Will he accept a bench role after we get a good RB ?

vuji_31

HE IS PLAYING ON WRONG POSITION!

Judge him on games on CB, bdcause he was bringed here to play as CB not RB.

His game agaibst Real Madrid before few days was great.

fergus90

I know CB is his strongest position but the first choice pairing should be Christensen- Araujo in my opinion.

I also am aware that Kounde wasn't forced to RB initially but the fact is Araujo is too good at CB to be moved unless Vini needs schooling and Christensen is too good to be dropped for him.

The club probably under estimated how good Christensen was, RB here or not he's got work to do to be considered in the first-choice pairing.

jamrock

Let's wait until next Season where we may get a RB & he can compete at CB to make crazy suggestions like selling the most sought after defender from last summer.

JamDav1982

Kounde is a good CB... physical and quick and decent on ball.. cant be as bad as is showing currently regardless of position.

But the fact still remains if the club is crippled financially and needs to sell to improve other areas of team then having three CBs can cash on could be best for team to sell one.

Knowing Barca would probably try to sell Christensen of the two anyway but every player in that squad will have a price not just Kounde.

The three players they would find it hardest to replace would be Araujo, FDJ and Pedri. They wouldnt get players with what those three can in so about the three that couldnt be touched.

Dembele as well really if he makes it past summer and wants to stay.

Kounde, Lewa and Raphinha last summer was not money well spent. Could have done a lot more with it for benefit of team going forward.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Kounde is a good CB... physical and quick and decent on ball.. cant be as bad as is showing currently regardless of position.

But the fact still remains if the club is crippled financially and needs to sell to improve other areas of team then having three CBs can cash on could be best for team to sell one.

Knowing Barca would probably try to sell Christensen of the two anyway but every player in that squad will have a price not just Kounde.

The three players they would find it hardest to replace would be Araujo, FDJ and Pedri. They wouldnt get players with what those three can in so about the three that couldnt be touched.

Dembele as well really if he makes it past summer and wants to stay.

Kounde, Lewa and Raphinha last summer was not money well spent. Could have done a lot more with it for benefit of team going forward.

Thought you wanted to sell Araujo.

Porque

Araujo has had an incredible improvement. It helps having a proper partner in defence I guess.

Glad to be wrong on this one.

JamDav1982

I wasn't joking. I remember you wanting to cash in on him.

Not quite.

But as said in message above all players have their price particularly in Barcas current situation.

If can sell Araujo for big fee and improve team with cash absolutely same as any other player.

Porque

Would be bad on recruitment though if the ones on the transfer list were Ferran, Raphinha and Kounde. Says it all about recruitment after all the money spent that we win LaLiga and Copa with the core being the same as when Koeman was here, bar Christensen and Lewandowski.

jamrock

Which is why it would happen.

Top of the transfer list would be Torres & FDJ.

Torres because he's shit, FDJ because he's the highest earner & will being in a large fee.

Home of Barca Fans