21 - Frenkie de Jong

Co0ter

Note I said since both has been at the club, so since last season.

But we can disagree, that's apart of the flavor of football.

Gavi has had more stand out games than de jong since being here, which is why he forced de jong to the bench, it's not some xavi loves gavi thing, gavi was better.

For all of this season, they're about equal.

Can go through their trends from last season to see the evidence.

Gavi is a tryhard and headless chicken. People confuse that with having a good game. I do not.

He usually has no impact on the game. He is a midfielders who seems to never actually be in the midfield. He doesn't make good runs, he doesn't dribble players, has an awful shot and isn't great at creating either.

Usually you want a hustle type player as a box to box presence. You also want that player to be strong and fast, taller would also be preferable. He is none of those things so wouldn't even be utilized well in that role either.

As of right now, he just runs around a lot. Does stupid fouls and complains after. I rather have someone either great at pressing and reading the game, or an attacking minded and penetrating player. Someone that is good at one or two things vs being good at nothing other than workrate.

Last edited:
Gavi is a tryhard and headless chicken. People confuse that with having a good game. I do not.

He usually has no impact on the game. He is a midfielders who seems to never actually be in the midfield. He doesn't make good runs, he doesn't dribble players, has an awful shot and isn't great at creating either.

Usually you want a hustle type player as a box to box presence. You also want that player to be strong and fast, taller would also be preferable. He is none of those things so wouldn't even be utilized well in that role either.

As of right now, he just runs around a lot. Does stupid fouls and complains after. I rather have someone either great at pressing and reading the game, or an attacking minded and penetrating player. Someone that is good at one or two things vs being good at nothing other than workrate.

Reminds me of Ivan Gennaro Gattuso. But still, he's young, I don't know if he could be important, but he isn't that bad also. I would play him rather than Sergi Roberto.

ajnotkeith

Gavi may start struggling when refs crack down on his fouling style of play.

Despite having committed the most fouls in LaLiga (53 so far off top of my head) he only received his 5th yellow card last game, and has received 0 red cards, so he's averaging around 10 fouls per card. Obviously something unsustainable and would think as time goes on he won't be that lucky to keep getting benefit of the doubt from referees.

Then obviously, it's far from ideal to give up that many fouls to an opposing team in general, especially worse teams where getting a foul can give them a escape from a tough situation or a press. His playstyle is starting to become really shithousy without much productiveness, just hustle and workrate..

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Head and shoulder best player on park tonight.

Been best mid on park in three of last four v this mob now.

Hopefully can make if four or five next game.

Barcas best mid this season and levels above likes of Gavi and Kessie time and again.

Last edited:

Dammie10

A class above all midfielders on the pitch today, including Madrid's

You gotta be kidding? He played good but all midfielders of Real were better. They had the ball 10 times as much as Frenkie and almost literally didn?t made mistakes, with Camavinga loosing the ball at the goal excluded. Either with short or long balls, feints, backheels and all on tempo. Crazy stable in their possession.

This being said Frenkie finally date to dribble more vs Real. This year he was good at 2 of the El Clasico?s already. Hopefully keeping this level up

vuji_31

You gotta be kidding? He played good but all midfielders of Real were better. They had the ball 10 times as much as Frenkie and almost literally didn?t made mistakes, with Camavinga loosing the ball at the goal excluded. Either with short or long balls, feints, backheels and all on tempo. Crazy stable in their possession.

This being said Frenkie finally date to dribble more vs Real. This year he was good at 2 of the El Clasico?s already. Hopefully keeping this level up

Lol.

GTFO from here

JamDav1982

haha fucking delusion.

No chance were Real mids better because Barca let them have ball and got back.

FDJ was clearly best player on the park.

Home of Barca Fans