21 - Frenkie de Jong

CanadianCanadian

Nico seems more comfortable in a box to box role. We were never going to find a like for like replacement for Busi so let's not go down that road. Put Nico and Frenkie in a double pivot and see how it works. Both have the dynamism and technical ability to make it work.

Zidane82

Manchester City 'open to swapping Aymeric Laporte for Frenkie de Jong' with Barcelona eyeing a second raid on Pep Guardiola after signing Ferran Torres... but their Dutch midfielder 'wants to stay put' at the Nou Camp

Would only let him go if we find good replacement. Wonder who (if anyone) will we add to our midfield in summer? I would like one of Kessie or Brozovic, who are out of contract. Dont know Zakaria, is he still in our orbit?

If we sell Frenkie, then we must surely add 2 quality MF, Renato Sanches for low price and Brozovic for free

BusiTheKing

I'd keep him. He's a clever player. He'll soon find his feet again.

He had great chemistry with Ansu so his return might help some.

gregorrin10

Would only let him go if we find good replacement. Wonder who (if anyone) will we add to our midfield in summer? I would like one of Kessie or Brozovic, who are out of contract. Dont know Zakaria, is he still in our orbit?

If we sell Frenkie, then we must surely add 2 quality MF, Renato Sanches for low price and Brozovic for free

These two are joke of a player compared to FDJ, who we all know can be world class, even at Barca. Neither Brozovic, but even more Renato Sanches never showed they can be that good on the biggest stage, which we know Barca is (or we at least like to think it still is).

Windhook

I like his technique of keeping the ball, rarely gets it stolen, his awareness on the pitch and accurate passing. But he's not taking any risky passes forward which is crucial against defensive minded teams. As some suggest a CDM Busi-type of role might be more suitable for him, but we are yet to see Frenkie playing as such under Xavi. If a serious offer arrives Barca will likely sell him, at his current role he barely contributes to anything in attack.

Home of Barca Fans